Kimpton George Hotel
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$371
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$395
US$330
  • Breakfast included
State Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$251
US$464
US$413
  • Pool
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$357
US$286
  • Restaurant
Sofitel Washington DC(Washington DC)
US$437
US$412
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$457
US$424
US$429
US$351
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$492
US$196
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$440
US$385
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
2,244 results
All reviewsbistro bisunion stationcapitol hillwine hourboutique hotelthe corner bakerymini baranimal print robesyoga matwine receptioncomplimentary wineattached restaurantcapital buildingsupreme courthomeless peoplenational mallfront desk staff
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My mother and I were in town to see the most amazing performer on the planet, Pink, and I saw very good reviews of Hotel George. We were impressed from the second we arrived with the level of customer service we received. Blair at the front desk went above and beyond to make our welcome extra special and personal. We loved our room also. I am glad I took the advice of others' and requested a room that is facing the street so that we had light and a better view. The complimentary wine hour is such a nice gesture to show, we certainly enjoyed it! There isn't a single thing I can think of to nitpick about and I have stayed at 4 and 5 star hotels all over the world. So in my opinion, the people who complain about Hotel George are the ones who are just never satisfied.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

We remember you, Kelly C! It was a joy to host you and your mom. Thank you for everything, especially the kind words about our critics. I'm sure Pink would be proud. We hope to see you again soon!

Manager on Duty

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Superb service!! Clayton, Michael and all the staff went above and beyond to make our wedding day and stay at Hotel George amazing! Every little detail was graciously thought out and my wife and I are so humbly grateful for all they did for us! Most incredible staff you may ever encounter at a hotel! From the room service to room attendant to the bell man and front desk ladies!! Thank you so much for all you did for us!!!

Room Tip: Just ask the staff, they are very accommodating.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Samuel T

Congratulations, Samuel T! We had such fun celebrating with you both and are delighted to discover that you enjoyed it, too! There is nothing better than an opportunity to make the best day of a guests' life even better. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Manager on Duty

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This is my first tripadvisor review. Over the years I have utilized reviews to stay at some of the great hotels in the world such as Santa Caterina in Amalfi , Perivolos in Santorini, and good value hotels such as Luxembourg Parc Hotel in Paris. In all cases they were what they were advertised on Tripadvisor
So here is my review of Hotel George. A taxi driver told me it was once a premier small hotel owned by JFK jr, who once owned a magazine named George, as well. I hope the hotel's renovations brings it back to what it was because it was no premier hotel during Thanksgiving, nor did it inform us ahead of time that it had problems. I reserved a room a month or so in advanced with 2 queen sized beds. What I got was a problem.
The good: The location was great for the Newseum, my main reason to be in Washington DC, the Capitol, where I has a tour reserved, and the National Archives, and National Gallery. We, my family and I, enjoyed their breakfast as well. The front dest tried their best, as well. The bad: They never informed us that they were undergoing renovation.Worse, they gave us a room with a dirty carpet, a prior guests personal stuff in the bathroom garbage pail, and a heating unit that was not only noisy, but would give you only 80 degrees or no heat. When I requested a different room , they said they had none. So, why give me this disgusting room when I booked so far in advance? Why not just close this room to the public? Shame, shame shame! When the requested heat/AC repairman never showed to assist, I overheard his call at the front desk and he lied, telling the manager he showed and did the repairs.I mean really! I could have stayed in any good value hotel/ or 5 star hotel in D C but chose this hotel because of Tripadvisor and the location. Now its true that they apologized and gave me a discount but when does a discount overcome a feeling of filth and lack of sleep for 2 days. So here is my advice to all: 1. make sure your room is renovated. 2.Make sure your room has had an updated heat/AC system.3. If they cannot agree to 1 and 2, then go to another hotel. JFK Jr would.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank redwineconnor1
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Front Office Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

redwineconnor1,

Thank you for your honest and thorough review of the George. Nothing upsets us more than a disappointed guest. We would love another chance to gain your trust and have you back post renovation in one of our brand new rooms. Please email me directly and hopefully we can set something up; clayton.smith@hotelgeorge.com

Clayton Smith
Front Office Manager
The George, a Kimpton Hotel

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Love the Kimpton brand. They go out of their way to accommodate travelers with all needs. It's a chain with a conscience. Become a Kimpton rewards member to get free wifi--and a $10 credit for the mini bar.

Staff has been well trained to make guests feel welcome and special, whether paying full price (never) or the heavily discounted rate (always). Decor is West Elm/ Euro. Beds are comfortable; marble baths are well designed, though don't forget to put a mat on the slippery-when-wet floor. Linens and towels are snowy white and fresh, never threadbare or over-laundered.

We've stayed there a half dozen times; our room has always overlooked the building across the way, but at discounted rates, who cares? Location is convenient to Union Station, the Hill, and Eastern Market. Don't pay extra for valet parking. You can find a spot within a block or two from the hotel. The nightly, free wine-tastings always feature an interesting label. Sweet way to start the evening. If the George is booked, Kimpton has several other properties around DC with the same amenities.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

We're blushing, Darcy! Thank you for the glorious recommendation. I'm so glad you're always enjoying your stays, but do let me know when you plan to return once again! We're looking forward to keeping up our winning streak!

Thanks again,

Manager On Duty

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

This is a nice enough boutique hotel. They’re renovating in early 2014 (damn, just missed that). I like the fact that it’s steps away from Union Station, so you can take advantage of the DC subway – albeit poorly managed and ill-maintained, it’s a convenient way to get around. Good location for business around the Capitol Hill or central office area. However, I came/left through Dulles, and wanted to go out with friends, so in retrospect it wasn’t really a good choice.
My first impression was disappointing. No one came to help with luggage to check in or check out. I found out later there is a friendly doorman, but he wasn’t there when I needed him. Then they put me in a room with no view, although I specifically requested one. I protested and got another one with a street view, which was OK. The room service took 30 minutes to serve simple club sandwiches, and with all the surcharges added it was expensive. Then, as I was working the fire alarm went off – it was a false alarm, but everyone had to leave the building to wait in the cold outside. This seemed to be a common occurrence. With all this happening, I’m probably not going to stay here again. One consolation was that the staff was friendly and generally helpful.
Pros : Three blocks away from Union Station (Metro/Amtrak). Friendly staff, reasonably large and comfortable rooms, good restaurant, and a fun atmosphere with “wine hour” cocktails served in lobby. Fast wifi.
Cons : Not very convenient to the airport, and far from the main shopping and dining districts. Rather tired rooms. Service is so-so.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank aritokyo
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Front Office Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for your candor, Aritokyo. I'm glad your stay wasn't awful, but sorry to hear you may not come back. Hopefully the friendliness of our staff outshone the negative aspects.

Cheers,