“When service is sublime!”

Kimpton George Hotel
Ranked #22 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The desk staff was knowledgeable and extremely courteous. They were very welcoming and genuinely interested in making my stay an exceptional experience. Blair and Don are stupendous!
The French restaurant is not to be missed. My stay was a gift to myself as a small indulgence from a week of winter storms back home. The decor is fantastic, the staff exceptional and the wine reception was stellar. Hotel George is Tres Chic!!!

Shawn from NYC

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Shawn C
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

When guests are the best! Shawn C, we're so glad you took a little time for yourself and that we could help make it great. I hope the rest of the winter treats you equally well!

There are newer reviews for Kimpton George Hotel

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The George is in a great location, walking distance from Union Station. Like all Kimptons it has a great and consistent theme. The room was amazing, the right size for my wife and I. The restaurant associated with the hotel, the Bistro Bis is amazing, from the service to the food and wine selection. I normally avoid "Hotel" restaurants, but check it out its worth the trip.

The hotel staff was friendly, responsive, and room service was quick. Its working for them, location, service, price is reasonable and its well decorated - if you are into that. We planned on one night, but we actually extended our stay...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nafe411
Management response:Responded 21 February 2014

Thank you, Nafe411! We're so excited that you loved us enough to extend your stay. We can't take much credit for Bistro Bis, but we do enjoy having them as our roommate. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel George is a true gem! On tip of the wonderful rooms and amenities, the staff goes out of their way to make everything and I mean everything perfect! Late valentines day celebration Monday night was made just perfect with room upgrade, wine, goodies and again the best team Kimpton around. Look no further. This is your hotel!!

• Stayed: February 2014

ChefJacques, we're so glad you and your fiancee were not only able to celebrate Valentine's Day (finally) but with us! Thank you for the rave review. We'll be sure to return the favor at your restaurant soon.

Sante,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was in Washington DC for business - needed to be close to Union Station as well as the Capitol. Excellent location.

While it was winter, compared to NJ, it felt like spring. I asked about the bicycle in the lobby. Hotel George gives them out for free!
I took it on a tour around the city - and had a blast - avoiding traffic and looking for spaces.

The room was very good as well, although I'd like to see more lighting in the bathroom. But I have no complaints about anything else in the room or hotel

Loved their complimentary glass of wine, as well.

A class act all around!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
GeorgeWashingtonDC, General Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Barbara F, thank you for the great review! I'm glad you caught a spring-like day to take advantage of our bikes. Perhaps we'll see you again for another ride around D.C.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

My fiance and me stayed one night at the hotel george and didnt want to leave! I picked the hotel george because of the abstract elegant decor which intrigued me, and nothing but great service followed. We were upgraded upon arival into the king suite which was an awesome surprise! I had been in email contact with Clayton, and he had even left a hand written welcome card in the room along with a bottle of champaign and chocolates. The rooms were very clean and the animal print robes were awesome! My recomendation would be to sign up for the kipton in touch membership (free), you get $10 worth of credit at the in room snack bar, and wifi. Thanks again to the hotel george staff for making this a very memorable weekend getaway.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil K
GeorgeWashingtonDC, General Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

You're so welcome, Phil K. We appreciate your stellar review and hope to see you back here sometime sooner than later.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The George (DC) was the perfect, romantic room and setting that my partner and I wanted for Valentines day! This hotel exceeded my expectations.

The bed was sooooo comfy, vaket parking was so easy and super fast, room was clean, beautiful and modern.. staff was AMAZING!

Most importantly, Johnny at the front desk was a rockstar! His service is amazing! He was so pleasant and ready to assist immediately! Johnny made our stay even more comfortable by politely and professionally catering to all our needs! Wish I would have let his manager know before our departure.

Overall, The George/Kimpton(DC) was the best hitek experience Ive ever had! I would recommend this hotel 100% !

• Stayed: February 2014
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Yay LesleyTGray! As Johnny (whose manager is now fully aware!) so skillfully demonstrated: your delight in your weekend away is our pleasure, too. We're so glad you enjoyed your special stay! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

The Hotel George is very convenient to Union Station and we have stayed many times. It is very clean and the staff are very attentive to your requests. They even handed us 2 glasses of wine while we were checking in. We have stayed at several Kimpton Hotels and all have been great. The only problem this time was that our windows faced a brick wall. However, since we were only there for one evening it didn't matter.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

HRA5, so glad you keep coming back! The least we can do is give you a room of your choosing. Let me know when you'll be around next and we'll be glad to make your stay perfect.

Kiah.Conover@HotelGeorge.com