“Best boutique hotel in DC” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Kimpton George Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Kimpton George Hotel
Ranked #23 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
“Best boutique hotel in DC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

This hotel is very close to Union Station and Capitol Hill making getting around DC super easy especially with two 13yr olds. The staff is phenomenal and super helpful. The new remodel of the entire hotel is so fun and a great touch.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at The Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you, JRAJordan! Now if only everybody could know what you do, right? We're delighted you had a good time with us and hope to see you again soon.

Manager on Duty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Korean first
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

We recently stayed at The George for the Rock n' Roll Marathon. It is in a great location to all of the city sights and so close to Union Station and the Metro. The happy hour had great wines for the four nights that we were there. Bistro Bis is a wonderful restaurant that I would highly recommend. Hotel was so gracious and had race day treats for us in the lobby on the morning of the race. Cannot say enough good things about the hotel. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 1956Buick
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at The Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Did you have a good race, 1956Buick? We like to think we helped with that, but it probably has a lot more to do with your fantastic attitude. Thank you for the great review! We'll look forward to hosting you for the next Rock'n'Roll marathon. And all the races in between!

Staten Island, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the George while in town for the Rock n' Roll Half Marathon . I can't say enough positive things about the hotel. The proximity to Amtrak and the metro is ideal. Plus, there is a great little bakery/ cafe on the corner that was delicious. The hotel itself is stunning. The rooms are spacious, the beds comfortable and you can't beat the free wi-fi for Kimpton InTouch members. And who can forget the complimentary wine hour in the lobby? It's such a great way to unwind on a trip. I would be remiss if I forgot to mention the super accommodating staff, Assistant Manager Michael Love, in particular. Everyone was genuinely friendly and sincere and seemed intent on making every aspect of our trip a delight. Last but not least, I have to say I was incredibly impressed that the hotel provided refreshments in the lobby the morning of the race. It was such a small, thoughtful gesture that truly made me feel special. I intend to travel to DC in the future and wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We're so glad you dream of us, Michie1235! We dream of you, too. The marathon weekend is always really fun and we love to get up early right beside you while you pound the pavement and we... don't. We hope to see you back next year! And for all the runs in between. Thanks for the fabulous review.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

The hotel has been recently renovated and is absolutely beautiful. The room was comfortable, stylish and very quiet for a city hotel. Service was friendly and professional. The location is perfect and is within walking distance of many areas of interest. The restaurant next door was very accommodating and even opened a bit early for us for a business breakfast. Overall I give the spot an A+.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the interior - no street noise!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at The Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for the A+! We're pretty serious about being head of the class so if there's extra credit, just let us know. We'll look forward to hosting you again soon, holalola123!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

A wonderful boutique hotel. The room was comfortable and full of needed amenities. Very stylish with fun tongue in cheek pictures of George and Martha. Be sure to join the Kimpton group for discounts.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at The Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Why thank you, Sonjaputnam! We are delighted that so succinct a rave review was ever written about us. You also brought up a very important and often overlooked piece of advice: joining Kimpton In Touch is a great idea for deals and other perks.

Deer Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Newly renovated with every detail cared for. Great location, walking distance to many great locations and dining choices. Staff was very friendly, offered assistance with genuine smiles. We were lucky to find this place and will stay again. Surprising how many pets, all well behaved and hotel is so clean we would have never guessed that pets were allowed. Everything was nicely done. We are already planning our next state here. Thanks to tripadvisor we found this hotel and great dining in the area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at The Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thanks so much for sharing such kind words on Trip Advisor, PL! Let me know when you're coming back around so we can thank you properly. You know the whole team will be excited to see you again.

Until then!

Kiah.Conover@hotelgeorge.com
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is the second time I stayed at the George. I've stayed at Kimpton properties before and I have never had consistently good service, beautiful modern hotels like I have with the Kimpton brand. I cannot say enough good things. When I booked the George I noted that it was my mother's first time to visit DC. Blair at the front desk took it upon herself to make sure my mother had a wonderful visit by surprising her with a bottle of wine, a DC mug and DC souvenir pens. My mother was blown away! We had a very large room, plenty of space to work and even use the yoga mat for exercise. The George has a nightly HH, free bikes to check out, an attached restaurant and the best world class service! I wish my work would send me to DC more often just so I can relax at the George. The US Capitol is within walking distance, metro is a few blocks down, just a great place. They are dog friendly, I don't even like dogs- but you would never know if a dog was in your room because they keep it so clean! I also had a cancelled flight and I had to book the last room at the hotel and they still let me stay in my same room. Other hotels would have charged me higher rates and likely made me switch rooms! Love this place!

Room Tip: Any room at the George is great!! We had a corner room so extra space, but I've stayed in a sma...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at The Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
We love you too, Zogam! Thank you for such a shining review. If you'd like us to contact your work to let them know we need you to visit more, just let us know. We'll be waiting for you at wine hour.