We originally came to the Mansion using our Groupon to see the monthly drag show, 'Illusions'. From the moment we stepped inside, we were hit with many different illusions that were not just the entertainment we came to see. From the street, you enter what looks like a single rowhouse, but is actually 5 interconnected rowhouses, which would explain how you would get 100 rooms and is advertised as a hotel but could have fooled me from the street. Even if you do not stay here, it is worth the experience all the illusions this eclectic place presents.
If you love old books, antiques and vintage collections, you will love exploring the nooks and crannies in every room with the stuff that you would expect to find in antique shops. As a non-profit foundation, the sale of these items goes to further the creative efforts of artists.
If you see this place a museum, you will love the collectibles and art/photo displays. If you love to scavenger hunt, you can get lost through the maze of hallways and try to find the 32 hidden doors they say that exist. We only found 5. Who would have expected to find the wine cellar behind a hidden door in the kitchen.
We arrived early for the 'Illusions' show and had time to explore and was able to check out many of the rooms and suites. See the Mansion as a boutique hotel with each room with a different theme and fully decorated and not your standard cooky cutter hotel. Although we did not stay here, I would recommend the Mansion for anyone who like to experience unusual settings. The antique beds were inviting and plumped with pillows. The bathrooms are modern on par with high end hotels with a some of the bathrooms having total body shower systems and a couple suites had bathrooms larger than the the bedrooms they're attached to. We even saw a 2-story log cabin themed room. We saw notices posted that rooms were behind a wall or bookcase and would have to check these out on another visit.
You will have a different experience coming to the Mansion as an entertainment venue with every table decorated with an eclectic collection of furniture and brick-a-bracs. We came for the monthly 'Illusions' drag show, but will come back for other musical events. The appetizers are bite size (and were tasty), but don't expect to be filled up even when you order the required 3 choices for $15.00. A dinner menu is also available, but chose not order. The Mansion is conveniently located near Dupont Circle and the Metro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With over 100 rooms and 70 secret doors, The Mansion is one of the most unique properties in the world. Conveniently located in historic Dupont Circle, within walking distance to Embassy Row and The Philips Collection - The Mansion offers short and long term lodging, world-class cuisine and an inspiring environment that will create lasting memories for everyone that visits. Our ever-changing spaces are ideal for executive lodging, meetings,retreats, private dining, receptions and more. The Mansion has 23 uniquely themed guest rooms, suites, and residences; a two story Log Cabin, John Lennon Suite, Safari room, a hidden wine cellar and more. Named a Washingtonian Magazine's Hidden Gem, The Mansion has been featured on the Travel Channel's "Mega Mansions" as well as numerous books, and magazines including National Geographic Traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Mansion on O Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansion On o Street Hotel Washington Dc
- Mansion On o Street Hotel