In this day and age, so many hotels, restaurants, experiences are so boringly dull, uncreative, and stiff. You are just passing through, and basically keeping to oneself... like in an elevator ride... no one feels connected, rarely do you talk with the person 1 foot away from you...
At the Mansion on O everyone is part of the family - and the feel of the place, the energy, the way you are greeted and interacted with is what made the 1960 still one of the most important eras in the history of humanity. The word is CONNECTION... human warmth and connection... AND MUSIC! Everywhere you go in the Mansion there is music - you basically could dance/walk your way through every room or sing along and no one would think you were crazy!
I was fortunate to be an artist in residence at the Mansion on O (so give to the Museum Foundation, please)... Paul Williams, a friend of mine, passed my contact on to H & Ted, the owners, and through a quirk of fate, I was invited to be there for 3 weeks. What a trip! I had no idea where I was going before I went. I wondered what would be expected of me. What I needed was time off. When I arrived, I was treated like a princess. And I saw everyone else treated the same way. Everyone bent over backwards to make my stay at the Mansion comfortable, and gave me the freedom to do whatever I wanted to do. I haven't had that kind of freedom since I was in the 1960s as a teenager! It renewed me beyond what I can describe in words. I came home with more inspired and relaxed. It was exactly what I needed.
If you want to stay in DC, why stay anywhere else? Seriously. For what? The Mansion has all the comforts, great food, style, music, but more important it provides a place for connection and the possibility for magic. While you are there, use the opportunity to imagine peace, love, an end to war, and I'm sure the vibe will circle out into the universe, as this place is a vortex for imagination and manifestation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With over 100 rooms and 70 secret doors, The Mansion is one of the most unique properties in the world. Conveniently located in historic Dupont Circle, within walking distance to Embassy Row and The Philips Collection - The Mansion offers short and long term lodging, world-class cuisine and an inspiring environment that will create lasting memories for everyone that visits. Our ever-changing spaces are ideal for executive lodging, meetings,retreats, private dining, receptions and more. The Mansion has 23 uniquely themed guest rooms, suites, and residences; a two story Log Cabin, John Lennon Suite, Safari room, a hidden wine cellar and more. Named a Washingtonian Magazine's Hidden Gem, The Mansion has been featured on the Travel Channel's "Mega Mansions" as well as numerous books, and magazines including National Geographic Traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Mansion on O Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansion On o Street Hotel Washington Dc
- Mansion On o Street Hotel