“Our Family's Home in DC”

Woodley Park Guest House
Ranked #3 of 36 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2014

For the past eight years our family from Boston has been staying here for graduations, concerts, and most recently our daughter's wedding! I knew I could count on Innkeepers Courtney and Joe Lodico to make this special weekend address in April our retreat to recharge between ceremony, bridal luncheon, and reception over four days! As always, our gorgeous rooms were spotless, the beds comfy, the teatime on the front porch overlooking the tulips, cherry blossoms, azaleas in bloom a soothing sonata! And, the hospitality gracious, with a healthy breakfast amongst the most interesting guests and knowledgeable staff. Cheers from parents and brother of the bride!

Room Tip: We've stayed in many different rooms, and often book more than one.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I travel to DC on business frequently throughout the year, and always stay at the Woodley Park Guest House. Having stayed in almost every room over the years, I can honestly say they are all wonderful, with beautiful artwork and antiques. The breakfast is perfect and the close proximity to the Metro just adds to list of good things they offer. Thanks to Woodley, I have a home away from home when I travel to Washington. Truly a fabulous place and so reasonably priced no matter what the season!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have written previously about Woodley Park Guest House and have referred it to others as a wonderful option for business travelers. Several of the premium qualities I prize at WPGH are: friendly, professional staff; cleanliness; security; quiet; location to metro; and consistency of each of preceding qualities. I stay routinely two days a week and it is truly my business home away from home.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely--I would always prefer a private bathroom, but have stayed in every room...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Woodley Park Guest House in Washington DC for a week. The staff and the owners are wonderful. They provided you with excellent advice on things to do and see in Washington. The breakfast was excellent and you are made to feel at home. There were also great conversations with the guests, owners and staff. The rooms are very nice and well kept up. In addition to this it is only a few minutes walk to the National Zoo and only a two block walk to the Woodley Park Metro Stop on the Red Line and the Circulator Bus. It made our experience in Washington so much more enjoyable. I give it five stars which I rarely do.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Woodley Guest House is one of the most relaxing and pleasant places I have ever stayed at. It provides a quiet and unobtrusive environment with a warm and compassionate staff. The rooms offer a range of cost options to fit lots of pocket books. The staff is more then happy to help in whatever your needs are from simple advise to help with finding or getting items of need. Conversation with both guests and staff is great, so good it is hard to stop when it is the time to go. The continental breakfast is very well maintained and provides a great chance to meet other guest or the staff. I have stayed here three times over the past several years and look forward to coming back the next opportunity I get.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

The Woodley Guest House is an excellent place to stay. It's a very quiet, pleasant and refreshing place. Great hospitality on arrival from Kelly. The breakfast served was very comforting and power packed. We received helpful tips from Noel. Guest were friendly too. We will recommend this place to family and friends when they visit DC. Great places to eat on Connecticut Avenue; which is only steps away.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank motheranddaughter1
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Woodley Park is well situated for exploring Washington. A subway station is located a 1 minute walk at the end of the block. Make sure you use the elevator as the very long and steep escalator will take you a block away. The rooms are exceptionally clean and comfortable. A lovely continental breakfast is provided and it is also a lovely opportunity to meet other travellers. The hostess is charming and most of her staff are absolutely delightful. I found one staff member put us on edge at the beginning of our stay by not only showing me where the milk was kept but instructing me, with a demonstration, as to exactly how I was to return it to the fridge, because 'that is the way we do it here'. The house is very quiet at night with no noise from the street or the other bedrooms. On the down side there is no shared space other than the dining room and with one chair in our room, where we had placed one of our suitcases, we had to sit on the bed during the evening. There is a good range of restaurants and activities within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business