I travel to DC 2x a year and I either stay here or at The W. Since my client is near Westin, I opted this hotel for this trip. I like the fact that they updated their lobby. However, their front desk weren't that accommodating. They're too busy with "work" that they forget to be "hospitable".
The room is well maintained, clean and spacious. Though I would've preferred a room with a view instead of a parking lot next door. The bed on the other hand is heavenly. Slept like a baby. Love the bathroom, especially the shower.
Starbucks on the lobby is a bonus but be prepared to wait. There's only 1 person running this location.
The Westin DC City Center is walking distance from the cool shops and booming restaurants on 14 Street up to U street. I really enjoyed that walk. So much to see, do and check out.
It is also half a mile away from the White House and a mile and half away from Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, WW2 Memorial and the museums.
Not bad for the location. Price is OK. I just wish the people who works are nicer. They need to learn to smile and focus on the client and not just on what they were doing behind the desk.
P.S. Go eat THE PIG!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center is a luxury hotel located 5 blocks from the Convention Center and the White House. Our hotel is near 2 metro stations and has 19,000+ sq ft of event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Washington, Dc City Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Washington Dc City Center
- Washington Dc Westin