Stayed 3 nights on business. I really wanted to try this Westin because I like the Westin Arlington Gateway in Ballston so much, but I won't come back here. The room has good Westin aspects - bathrobe, comfy bed, neutral decor, those nice green leaf soaps, Complimentary bottled water, in-room coffee with real cream, and a refrigerator. But. The room and bathroom are smallish. My big problem is that it was hard to sleep because I had a 1st floor room on the atrium. I did not mind looking out over the atrium like some other reviewers; my problem was the noise. You can hear the people in the lobby until at least midnight when it finally starts to quiet down. The up side to being on the atrium is that I could pirate the wireless from the lobby and not pay the outrageous $12.95/night connect charge. The remodel is essentially done, but two working elevators were V-E-R-Y slow. At one point another guest and I decided to walk down the stairs, because we had mistakenly gotten off on the Mezzanine, but there were no obvious stairs and we ended up in the service part of the hotel. I was really sort of shocked by the dingy, unpleasant, smelly conditions in this non-guest part of the hotel - it cannot be very pleasant for the staff. I decided to eat in the hotel restaurant my first night, but I went in and walked around a bit, trying to get someone's attention to ask if they had food or table service, and none of the staff made eye contact. I a couple with little kids who had menus, so obviously there was food to be had. Finally I just left and walked 1/2 mile over my fall-back place on 19th St - too bad. With so many hotels in this area there is just nothing compelling about this Westin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center is a luxury hotel located 5 blocks from the Convention Center and the White House. Our hotel is near 2 metro stations and has 19,000+ sq ft of event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Washington, Dc City Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Washington Dc City Center
- Washington Dc Westin