I stayed here on a Saturday night when I was in town for a wedding. It's definitely a business hotel, so it was pretty quiet and calm on the weekend which was nice, and it allowed us to get a very reasonable rate. It's a 12-15 minute walk to the White House, and sits on Thomas Circle which is quite lovely in its own right (a few historic buildings to look at). I was impressed by the little extras, namely two free water bottles, a robe (or 2?) to wear, and Starbucks coffee in the room. The bed was huge and supremely comfortable. I loved that checkout was noon, and that the front desk was very accommodating when we needed to check out even later than that (granted, that's another perk of staying a business hotel on a weekend - can't say what it would be like on a weekday). Yes, it looks like a typical chain hotel, so it's not recommended for someone who is looking for a boutique experience. My only complaint was that some rooms face the central atrium and don't have any exterior windows, so you have to choose between having the curtain open (towards the atrium) for light, or closing it for privacy (with no light). I had to go around the room and turn on each lamp separately because I wanted to close the curtain but still have light (technology in the rooms is a bit on the older side in that regard - no central button for all lights, outlets were under the desk and hard to reach, no fancy alarm clock or docking system).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center is a luxury hotel located 5 blocks from the Convention Center and the White House. Our hotel is near 2 metro stations and has 19,000+ sq ft of event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Washington, Dc City Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Washington Dc City Center
- Washington Dc Westin