“nice hotel”

The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center
Ranked #92 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is very nice the staff is very welcoming, and the hotel is near almost everything. I had room-service which came fast. the only bad thing is the hotel parking, 47 a night. take the train or park around the corner it 25 a night. overall a nice hotel for the price. and there a part time Starbucks for morning coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The hotel appears to be under some renovation but the lobby was very nice and plenty of places to plug in your electronics and take advantage of the free wi-if in the lobby only. No complaints about the room, clean, and we had one of the rooms that didn't look out over the lobby, so quiet as well. I was a little disappointed at checking though, got there 2 hours before check in and the room wasn't ready, it's been awhile since that has happened at any hotel. Also, the customer service wasn't the best but not bad enough to take away any stars. Last thing, the valet was 47 a day.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The hotel is clean and staff friendly. Rooms are spacious and clean. Perfect for a short stay to see the city and well located close to the White House and other historical sites. Convenient if you want to do the Big Bus tour as there is a pick up right in front of the hotel. Room service on the other hand was quite disastrous. Firstly, I couldn't get hold of in-room dining to order croissants. After placing my order with Express Service I waited a ridiculous amount of time to receive the two bread baskets I ordered, each with 3 pieces of baked goods but NO sign of the croissants I so politely asked for. Upon calling back to Express Service I was told I didn't ask for croissants. Now that is enough to fire up my attitude as all I asked for was croissants! Really? It's the little things in life that matters and if the person who took the order can't even get a simple order right, how on earth will they get the bigger things right... Did I mention it took them another 15 minutes to get some croissants to me? There's a breakfast shop just around the corner - much easier to walk there and get what you want in no time.

Room Tip: All personal preference I suppose. We had a room on the 9th floor and it was perfect.
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

It took 3 times to find a clean room. Staff very friendly about the situation and gave us free breakfast coupons.
This morning only one desk clerk on duty, no concierge. Had to ask directions at Starbucks.
Something missing at this hotel and chain lately.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Sean C
Kelly S, Director of Rooms at The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Good day “Disappointed”,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I apologize for not being able to meet your expectations during this stay. If your journey brings you back to Washington DC, please contact me directly so I can ensure renewal.
Live well,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

we stayed 2 nights in june 2014, the hotel was still being re furbished however the room we had was excellent, all clean/fresh and newly painted, plenty of room space and hanging space in the closet. The staff were efficient and friendly.
The room still had some paint smears on the carpet corners and bathroom ceiling, but who cares, th efurniture was new and clean.
Wifi in the room was an extra cost, but free access was provided in the lobby.
Overnight parking was expensive at $50, the parking station around the corner was half the price.
Location was good, we could walk to the Whitehouse in about 15 minutes, and from there its an easy walk (provided you like walking which we do) from the Lincoln memorial to Capital Hill and all the Museums in between.
We ate out so I can't comment on the hotel food.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I coordinated a large offsite meeting at this location and the top notch service that I received from the Sr. Sales Manager & the Food & Beverage coordinator has been outstanding, Although the meeting is far from over, I remain in contact with them and I do plan to book my next meeting in DC at the same venue. This location gives rock-star service!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is appears to be a recently renovated property and it shows beautifully. The lobby is sleek, efficient, and functional with work surfaces, seating areas, and bar/cafe adjacent to the lobby.

I'll explain the title to this review first. We drove a car into Washington and upon arriving at the hotel I inquired about parking. The attendant (who is not a Westin employee), said he would be happy to valet the car for $57 + taxes! I was in shock, I think I even laughed at the guy. Needless to say I declined that offer and asked where self parking was located. Now that he knew I wasn't a customer for this outrageous fee he threw out the the answer: 3 blocks away from the hotel as he pointed down "M" street. Rude, just plan rude. I then went to the concierge who, sheepishly said they did not have self-parking, and on Sunday (our day of arrival), the parking garage located in the hotel was closed. But - ah ha - the answer: park on the street at any metered space and on Sunday and overnight it is FREE! And sure enough I found a spot 25 feet from the entrance to the hotel. Undoubtedly a stroke of luck for sure.

After parking the car, check-in was less than fast and efficient. Although there were only a few guests checking in It appeared half the front desk staff was in training and the whole check in process was slow and somewhat dysfunctional.

We stayed on the 11th floor, Westin's preferred floor, and the room was outstanding in every way. Bay windows looked out over the lobby below. With the roof all windows there was plenty of natural sunlight coming through. The room was all new, rugs, furniture, etc. A small refrigerator was in the room that was both quiet and cold (as opposed to what typically exists in hotel rooms with refrigerators). Best parts: The bed was perfect Westin - their trademark Heavenly bed! It gave me the first good nights sleep in a week of travel. The bathroom: spectacular: A combination rain shower and hand-held shower; large well lit mirror and counter. Honestly, the best bathroom I can remember in a standard hotel room.

Room service dinner was good, just a burger but cooked perfectly and delivered hot.

We did not use the fitness room located off the lobby but it looked spacious and seemed to have all of the latest equipment.

All-in-all, I was very impressed with this Westin - save of course the car parking situation.

Room Tip: Always my preference: upper floors, away from the elevator