“Clean & Helpful”

The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center
Ranked #61 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here with my family for 3 days. Our room on the ninth floor faced inwards towards the lobby, but was very quiet and got ample lighting. The room itself was extremely clean and the beds were very comfortable. The mirror and lighting in the bathroom was kind of weird (like almost HD in an unflattering way) Both of the concierges were extremely helpful, one even booking a bus tour for us.

There is fruit infused water in the lobby, which was extremely helpful after a long, hot and humid day. The hotel is in a safe location. Although there isn't complimentary breakfast, there is a Starbucks stand in the back of the lobby near the business entrance. Also, there are several cafes and restaurants around.

In all, a very comfortable trip for 3 days.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,177)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here recently for a weekend away in DC. Valet very expensive, just parked in a lot nearby instead. Booked a king bed and they tried to give me a two double bed room. Then they were rude when I tried to get them to give me the room I had booked! The lobby and atrium are pretty but the rooms facing the atrium remain dark all day. While using their hairdryer the fuse went out in the bathroom and lights wouldn't work. Luckily that happened right before we left! Charged for wifi. Rooms were clean and nice and the beds and pillows were very comfortable!

2  Thank lisaoterpsrx
Kelly S, Director of Rooms at The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Good day,
Thank you for being our guest and providing your feedback. I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations during your recent stay. If the challenges you encountered were not reported and resolved to your satisfaction please let me know. We strive for exceeding expectations and your feedback will assist us in doing so.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed only one night. Beautiful lobby w atrium, free fruit-infused water, many seating areas. Room was spacious, clean, trendy with quiet view into atrium and sun in the afternoon. We were on 12th (top) floor. A bit hectic with valet, but seems to be that way in other hotels also. Front desk polite and fast. Concierge wasn't the on Sunday am, but valet attendent had all the correct answers for us. Got to extend checkout to 3pm, no problem. Easy walk downhill to catch the trolley or sightsee.

1  Thank Beachtrvler_217

Good day,
Thank you for being our guest and sharing your experience. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and your feedback will help us to do so. I hope that the valet experience was not too inconvenient and am pleased you were able to enjoy the elixir in the lobby and the late checkout we provide for our Westin Weekend travelers.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is very nice the staff is very welcoming, and the hotel is near almost everything. I had room-service which came fast. the only bad thing is the hotel parking, 47 a night. take the train or park around the corner it 25 a night. overall a nice hotel for the price. and there a part time Starbucks for morning coffee in the lobby.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The hotel appears to be under some renovation but the lobby was very nice and plenty of places to plug in your electronics and take advantage of the free wi-if in the lobby only. No complaints about the room, clean, and we had one of the rooms that didn't look out over the lobby, so quiet as well. I was a little disappointed at checking though, got there 2 hours before check in and the room wasn't ready, it's been awhile since that has happened at any hotel. Also, the customer service wasn't the best but not bad enough to take away any stars. Last thing, the valet was 47 a day.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The hotel is clean and staff friendly. Rooms are spacious and clean. Perfect for a short stay to see the city and well located close to the White House and other historical sites. Convenient if you want to do the Big Bus tour as there is a pick up right in front of the hotel. Room service on the other hand was quite disastrous. Firstly, I couldn't get hold of in-room dining to order croissants. After placing my order with Express Service I waited a ridiculous amount of time to receive the two bread baskets I ordered, each with 3 pieces of baked goods but NO sign of the croissants I so politely asked for. Upon calling back to Express Service I was told I didn't ask for croissants. Now that is enough to fire up my attitude as all I asked for was croissants! Really? It's the little things in life that matters and if the person who took the order can't even get a simple order right, how on earth will they get the bigger things right... Did I mention it took them another 15 minutes to get some croissants to me? There's a breakfast shop just around the corner - much easier to walk there and get what you want in no time.

Room Tip: All personal preference I suppose. We had a room on the 9th floor and it was perfect.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

It took 3 times to find a clean room. Staff very friendly about the situation and gave us free breakfast coupons.
This morning only one desk clerk on duty, no concierge. Had to ask directions at Starbucks.
Something missing at this hotel and chain lately.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Sean C

Good day “Disappointed”,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I apologize for not being able to meet your expectations during this stay. If your journey brings you back to Washington DC, please contact me directly so I can ensure renewal.