“Perfect Location”

The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center
Ranked #89 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is top notch and in the perfect location, being right down the street from The White House. The staff was extremely knowledgeable, attentive, and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The heavenly mattress was wonderful. It is also pet friendly.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very clean hotel. Safe neighborhood. Starbucks in the lobby was extremely convenient. The bar downstairs was very nice and one of the waitresses was extremely friendly...wish I could remember her name. All of the staff was pleasant and warm, except Tiffany, one of the concierge. She seemed very annoyed and put out the two times I had questions (one was about a nighttime tour that had to be booked through the hotel and the other question was about the Trolley) She complained about having to be working late and complained about fellow staff members. My main issue with this hotel was the distance from everything. We were there to see the typical tourist attractions, and this hotel is not near any of them. The nearest Metro stop (which is an excellent subway system) is a good three blocks away. I should have looked at the map more closely and really examined the distances...you live, you learn. Like someone above me has posted, many of the rooms overlook the lobby. It was strange. Overall, a clean, pleasant Westin. Loved that bed!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JordanMP
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were unfortunately only here for one night... wish i could have stayed longer! Loved everything about this hotel, from the large rooms, to the huge comfy bed, to the extremely helpful friendly staff! Location was excellent, so close to everything! Only wished they had free in room wifi... but they do in the lobby, so not to bad! Would definitely stay here again when visiting DC!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is a decent hotel - it is a Westin. But many of the rooms face into the lobby area, which is an area that can get very rowdy (it's a fun bar!), so it can be very loud in the rooms. The walls are also paper thin. I could hear the people next to me sneeze.

Room Tip: Get on a top floor away in a room that doesn't face the lobby.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Kelly S, Director of Rooms at The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and our newly transformed restaurant, Fringe Tree. We review and do our best to accommodate all guests' requests. Please note in your reservation if you are coming to rest and relax and would like a quiet room. As all Westin's our goal is to have you leave here feeling better than you did when you arrived.

Stay well,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This would be my first bad review here on trip advisor.

I will be staying at this property in August, and because of some issue with my original card, I was contacted by email to ask for new form of payments (which is reasonable).

So I called the hotel to provide that. I was contacted by "SIOBHAN DELGADO" again saying " Unfortunately this new card has also declined. Please provide a valid, chargeable credit card by 5:00pm (EST) tomorrow, July 29, or this reservation will be cancelled."

Seriously, so far, I have never encountered any hotel contacting me with this kind of tone. Most hotel will also not give this kinda "give me the money now or don't bother to come" attitude.

I am not having a good experience before even arriving to the hotel. Good job.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jefferson L
Kelly S, Director of Rooms at The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Good day,
I am sorry to hear you are frustrated prior to your arrival. We do have several rate schedules that are pre-paid in advance for a reduced rate. If you should require more information or further assistance please contact me directly at the hotel.
Be well,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Went with our family of four for an overnight stay this weekend. Opted for the hotel valet out of sheer convenience and laziness. Check in was a breeze - lobby seemed spacious with plenty of seating, bar area and a device charging station that also had seating. We were situated in a 6th floor room facing the city - excellent view and so quiet. Room was very clean and no defects were noted. Bathroom was nice, especially the dual head shower. Room also had a fridge and plenty of outlets. Did not opt for purchasing the WIFI, as we could get a 4G signal in the room, The hotel is within walking distance to a myriad of restaurants, shops, etc.and not far from the Smithsonian Museums. Had breakfast at the hotel restaurant (on the Mezzanine level). Food was very good, but the service was somewhat uneven. Not uneven enough to warrant decreasing the rating. Definitely will stay again.

Room Tip: Choose city view. 6th floor had a great view and was very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nefferdf
Reviewed 26 July 2014

All the hotel staff was very very helpful, since i arrived to the hotel Eric (at the valet parking) helped me to receive my car and helped me to carry my luggage. Ta'maya and Fa'ye at the front desk They were Always smiling and Kelly Sites with all the staff made me feel like home. Very good experience.

• Stayed: July 2014