I guess the hotel was being renovated so hence a lot of negative reviews. Except for a mediocre fitness center, the hotel is excellent.
I was upgraded to a City View on the seventh floor. The rooms are beautifully renovated and quite large. My King bed was heavenly :). The bathrooms are also good sized with excellent Westin shower and great bath products.
There is a coffee maker, safe, small fridge and iron and ironing board. No bathrobe.
The public areas are lovely and there were apples and fruit infused water for the guests. Service was friendly and professional.
A bit of a walk to the Metro but very doable. Convenient to great restaurants and shops on 14th Street corridor. Walked back from National Gallery.
Don't believe the naysayers. A great DC choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center is a luxury hotel located 5 blocks from the Convention Center and the White House. Our hotel is near 2 metro stations and has 19,000+ sq ft of event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Washington, Dc City Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Washington Dc City Center
- Washington Dc Westin