“One of the Best hotels in DC to stay”

Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel
Ranked #62 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
bryans road
“One of the Best hotels in DC to stay”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My husband & I have stayed more than 5 times at this property. From the start with speaking with the hotel operator to check-in was wonderful. The staff is friendly & helpful. When we arrived the front desk always upgrade us to a junior suites- these suites are in the corner, but very spacious, clean & the beds are comfortable. The bar and rooms service are great as well, however I must mention that the morning wait staff are not friendly at all-- except for one young African American (pregnant) lady, she was very attentive & had great customer service. The food was good, especially the brunch. The bartenders in the evening are friendly. Starbucks is a plus to have in the lobby. We stay at this location EVERYTHING is nearby.We will return soon.

Room Tip: Junior Suites -- Corner on the 12th floor are great
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Joseph M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Dear Lisa w,

Well it is just wonderful to read so many great things about a guest's stay. Your praises about Nia will definitely be shared with her leadership team and other staff members as an example of what our guests expect.

We are quite sure that we will see you again very soon and I'm sure we'll have that corner suite waiting for you.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This was one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in! The hotel has retained its historic charm while feeling like a brand new hotel (remodeled bathrooms, new bedding, new furnishings, etc). The room was immaculately clean and very comfortable while still feeling luxurious. Despite being on a busy road, the hotel was also fairly quiet and peaceful. It was also just one block from the McPherson Square metro station, so you don't even need to take a cab to get to and from the airport or other destinations across the city. Great stay!

Dear Allie T,

The six months that we spent under renovation were all worth it just to read reviews from guests that love our new rooms. You definitely hit a great point about location with our property, one block from McPherson Square Metro that comes right from Reagan National Airport and just a short walk from the White House and the National Monument areas.

Please make sure to come see us again when you are back in Washington DC.

Abilene
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Very nice hotel. Easy walking distance to the Mall and the White house. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. It wasn't the most comfortable bed I slept on and even on the 11th floor there was quite a bit of street noise. Overall though, I'd stay there again.

Dear Abilene,

We are very delighted to read that our staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Your comment about the bed does worry me some bit though. I would hate to think that we have a faulty mattress and would love to know what room you stayed in so that I can have the mattress inspected to see if it needs replacing. Please give me an email or phone call at your convenience if you wouldn't mind. Joseph.Meuse@interstatehotels.com or 202-682-0111

I look forward to speaking with you and hope that you will back as our guest very soon.

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Stayed here before and I am back! The hotel has been renovated and is fantastic. The room (I have two doubles) is spacious by East Coast standards and the bed is super comfortable. Bonus there is a window in the bathroom (with curtain but nice to have real light). The decor is all upgraded. Great bath products and a great little kit of spa amenities on the nightstand - foot cream and body cream and a spritzer of aromatherapy/sleep spray. The location of the hotel is great and everything I ordered from room service was good. The Starbucks in the lobby is a nice touch. And a mini fridge and coffee maker in the room. Great gym and it's open 24 hours. Totally one of my favorite places in DC.

Dear Wendy B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us Wendy B. We are all quite happy with how our renovations turned out and guests just seem to love it too. That little spa amenity kit you mentioned is Crowne Plaza's new line of Sleep Advantage Kit. Just a little something else that we do to ensure our guests have a fantastic stay.

We all hope to see you again soon when you come back to Washington DC.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

I travel to Dc at least 6 times a year. It's always great to see Ravi.. I know he has thousands of guests but somehow he always seems to remember my name!! He's a 10 , his attention to details are Unbelievable.. and the way his staff operates and follows Protocol goes to shows what a great team they have!! I've been from the ritz to the four season. This place is ALWAYS The Best ! From the beautiful decorated rooms to the location!! If you want to see Dc and impress your date this is the place to be!! We bring our three kids down with us and we always find something new to do. From a frequent traveler I give Ravi and the team an A+. See you guys soon!

• Stayed February 2013
Joseph M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear Tralev03,

Your comments are exactly what we always hope for each and every one of our guests. A memorable and personable experience that keeps you coming back again and again. Your praises about Ravi will definitely be shared with the team.

We all look for to your return again soon.

Sydney
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

After traveling for 3 weeks we finally arrived at a great hotel. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. The rooms are very well appointed and the bed is so comfy
Plenty of restaurants nearby and central to all attractions

Dear Surfsydney,

Very glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday with us. I hope that you were able to experience one of the best restaurants in the area...The 14K Restaurant located right in our lobby. They make a Lobster and Fig pizza that is out of this world!

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back this way.

Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, room is nice but really tiny. Two people with baby and some luggage hardly fit, room has no fridge (is it a five star hotel?) a very very little cabinet that can fit some jacket, no more than this. Room has a cosy feeling however. Asked the front desk, they told me they gave me one of the biggest rooms already!
What is totally anachronistic is the Internet connection, you pay for it 12 usd something (and ok, even though a great number of hotels do not charge anymore I can pay) but they also charge for every single device. So if you travel like nowadays people do, a couple, a computer, each one has an iPad, an iPhone, and you want to connect/update something this can cost you dearly. I find it a quite blind policy from management as a connection should be enclosed in the room's price, firstly, and under these terms I will not come back next time but choose other hotels where I can feel more at ease, including my information needs. And they do this for 12 miserable dollars.

1 Thank Max K
Dear Max K,

First I would like to thank you for staying with us and for providing such a candid review. We of course take any all feedback we receive into consideration when determining what services are provided at the hotel and at what rate.

I would like to ask that if you could please contact me directly, something about your review worries me. You mention that your room did not have a fridge in it. We just completed a renovation in November and now all of our rooms feature mini-fridges, Keurig K-Cup coffee makers, iHome radios and in room safes. I do hope that one of our fridges did not go missing or perhaps you were our guest prior to the renovation.

You can reach me either via private message on TripAdvisor or email at Joseph,Meuse@interstatehotels.com. I look forward to speaking with you.