“Traveling through DC”

Hamilton Hotel Washington DC
Ranked #62 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Friendly hospitality, service with a smile, everyone was extremely helpful, checkin was superb with the reception made it possible to extending joint rooms to keeping the family together.

Close to all local landmarks and a small park adjacent to separate the busy city beats.

For those who are on a budget self parking a block away for half the price of valet. But valet service allotted access to vehicle as many time you needed for the same flat rate.

Definitely a must place to stay if ever in DC again!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park is much better for privacy from other buildings.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The Crowne Plaza Hamilton is an excellent choice in DC. Rooms are large and close to government offices, the Mall and the Smithsonian. The rate was reasonable for DC in July. The bed was very comfortable and the bath was very large. We had dinner at the restaurant in the hotel and it was very good. I had read some negative reviews of the restaurant but we did not find anything wrong. We sat outside and aside from some loud motorcycles, it was very pleasant. The bar is also a great choice and the food in the bar is just as good. The only negative was the limited room service menu. Wifi is free to IHG members. The only problem was the wifi would timeout too often.

My spouse had to wait for me in the lobby with our luggage while I finished some business and the bell staff were very accommodating with storing the luggage and pulling bags/putting them back as needed during the afternoon.

The Hamilton is a great choice in DC.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TexasWaterMan
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in June 2014. Location is good - not far to walk to major sights. i went running both mornings down by the White House/Lincoln Memorial and it was easy to get there from the hotel. One downside is that the hotel overlooks a small park lined with benches where a lot of homeless people sleep. I went running alone at 6am and didn't feel completely safe.

the rooms were as you'd expect from a crowne plaza - nice, spacious and comfortable. my room had some very loud aircon though which i just had to get used to.

i arrived late at night and wanted to facetime people at home. the wifi in my room didn't work despite an engineer coming to try to fix it. apparently that room 'doesn't get a very good signal' so it was a case of tough luck. the next morning however the front desk told me another wifi account to log into and the problem was solved. its a shame they didn't just tell me that in the first place.

i had one meal in the hotel bar whilst i watched some world cup football. the bar had a nice atmosphere, staff were friendly and the food was good.

overall i would probably stay here again. the central location and reasonable price were great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank No_1_Derbyshire_UK
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My friend and I stayed in Washington's plush Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel during our recent trip to Washington. The room was spacious, with a luxury bathroom and two giant double beds. If I had one gripe then it would be that WIFI was not free in the bedrooms but to be fair, this is a very small gripe and free WIFI is offered in many nearby cafés and restaurants.
The hotel's location is very central for exploring Washington's MANY free sights. Washington is like a walking history book - there's loads to see and do there! The best part is that the majority of the city's museums are free so that's a big plus! Before I digress too much (since I'm reviewing the hotel rather than the city), it's located just across the road from McPherson Square Subway Station and this was very handy for us when we were travelling from the Airport as we didn't have to lug our luggage too far when we arrived at the Subway Station.
It was expensive to dine at the hotel's restaurant so we opted to eat in other nearby eateries. In Washington, you're spoiled for choice when it comes to eating options and if you're any bit budget-conscious then it is very possible to eat on a budget there.
I think that Tony Browne at the Concierge deserves a special mention as he was extremely helpful; providing us with maps, tour-bus tickets, and other information about the city.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to friends or family.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank eimzom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel staff was excellent. The concierge was very good and took time to answer all of our questions. Made some great recommendations and clearly made our trip great.
Close to everything walking distance.
Would stay again.
Room was clean

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Customer service can ruin, an otherwise outstanding hotel. It costs seven times more to get a new customer than retain an existing. As an IHG Platinum for the last 2 years, I decided to take my wife to DC for a short vacation using Rewards Points. Arrived late in evening and assigned Room 1444, which in the course of evening we learned wraps around the elevator bank sounding like you're in the machinery room. Guest services made a follow up call the next day to see how my experience was, and I shared the noise issue, assuming the very nice person was documenting my concern. I expected at lease an apology note from the Manager, but nothing! My business doesn't require me to use IHG when I travel, I HAD BEEN MAKING A CHOICE.

Room Tip: Do not except a room that ends in "44", these room wraps around the entire bank of elevato...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hamilton Hotel Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Michael K,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite member and for leaving us a feedback. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with the noise. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 July 2014

An excellent choice! I enjoyed this hotel pretty much. The hotel does not seem big, but this even adds some charm. My room (though not very large) was very cute and cozy, which indeed allow me feeling at home.

There is a number of cool restaurants and bars around (one should definitely visit Joe's), the White House is a couple of blocks down, which makes the hotel perfectly situated.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor which face the K street are a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo