The Eldon Luxury Suites
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$357
US$286
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$371
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$395
US$330
  • Breakfast included
US$464
US$413
  • Pool
State Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$251
US$347
US$321
  • Pool
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$457
US$424
US$429
US$351
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$492
US$196
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$440
US$385
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfull kitchenmarble floorsconvention centerliving roomcontinental breakfastcook topmt vernonconstruction noisethe penthousewithin walking distancemetro stopkitchen areafrosted glassmarriott marquisbooked this hotelshower headpull out couch
Reviewed 3 November 2009

Based on the great TripAdvisor reviews I wanted to try out the Eldon Suites even though it was more out of the way from my training center in Virginia. I was not disappointed. The suite was beautiful - flat screen TV, free wifi/local phone calls, super comfy bed, rainforest showerhead, free continental breakfast, room safe, full kitchen, robes/slippers, etc. It's a block from the Mt. Vernon metro on the Yellow Line. There's a CVS Pharmacy just around the corner. Chinatown and all its cool shops are just a 10 minute walk away. The Front Desk staff were very responsive (my room safe initially wouldn't lock), in particular J.B. My stay was so great, I decided to stay two extra nights.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2009

When driving down the block, you think there's no way a building called Luxury Suites can exist here. It does. The suites were very roomy, clean and modern. Flat screen TV with Directv. It's an easy walk to area restaurants (Ruth's Chris Steakhouse about 5 blocks away, no reservations needed) and to the museums.

The staff was exceptional, but the front desk personnel will probably be the only ones you see. We were on the first floor and felt isolated (a good thing) as if we were in our own home. Parking is about 100 feet away in a gated lot - you leave your keys with the desk. Breakfast was pastry only, so we went exploring. Not far, it turns out, since there's a great little place called Cozy Corner right around the corner (go figure). It's a ma and pa operation that has two very tasty specials for under $5.00.

On the downside, my only gripes were with the European style bathroom. The toilet clogged the first morning (staff was there within 10 minutes for repair), and the sink is a bowl that sits on top of the vanity. This was not to my liking, but a very minor inconvenience. Blind folks will enjoy shaving here, as they have the same disadvantage as the sighted. I shaved by feel, as the lighting was so poor that my face was in dark shadows. Now I know why people were calling me "red-neck."

All in all, we thought it was a great place to stay and were totally surprised by the friendly staff and superb rooms. The next time I grow a beard, we'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2009

This hotel has wonderful rooms and the nicest staff I have ever met. Ryan at the front desk was very helpful. I will be back to visit at this hotel just for the very nice rooms and staff. The suites were huge with a full kitchen including full size oven and dishwasher. If you like residence Inn this hotel is much larger and nicer than that brand. A freedom suite consisted of a large living area open to the kitchen with two large closets a beautiful huge bathroom and a bedroom with a very comfortable bed. The glass doors in the rooms are very pretty and have a contemporary feel. Lots of lighting and amenties such as a makeup mirror and reading lamp. The shower had multiple features for a rain head, hand held wand and tiny spray nozzels running the length of the shower for a misted feeling. The high speed internet service was free and worked 100% of the time. We never tried the breakfast - never woke up before 10 am. It is a 2 block walk to the metro station and about a 4 block walk to china town. We took a taxi several times to restaurants and attractions around the National Mall - each time it seemed to cost $10 each way for 3 of us no matter the distance. Ryan arranged a car service for us to the BWI airport - this was a wonderful experience the town car was much nicer than the taxis or the shuttle bus we originally took and the cost was only $70 for 3 of us.

I would recommend this all suite hotel for visitors to Washington DC - the price, the size of the suites and the beautiful decor were all much better than the 3 star rating given for this property.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Stayed 4 days Oct 12-16, hotel is very clean, comfortable and quiet. The management really strives to make their guests happy. Customer Service and Customer Satisfaction are a priority for them. We liked the products that were provided and my husband thought the complimentary breakfast was adequate. You can't beat the location or the price for this hotel - especially with everything they provide. They have their own secure parking lot, which is hard to find in D.C. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We will stay there again and have already recommended this hotel to friends.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2009

I was really surprised with this hotel. The room and the bed were enormous with a complete kitchen, including microwave, fridge, stove and everything you can need. There was a big flat TV with hundreds of channels from DirecTV (I could even see a Spanish soccer match). The bad thing was the air conditioning because it was a little noisy. The situation is perfect too and the employees were really friendly. The breakfast was ok (it could be improved). Internet wireless free and fast.

I really recommend this hotel if you are going to stay in Washington DC.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple