The Eldon Luxury Suites
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$211
US$201
US$267
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$321
US$284
US$200
US$166
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$185
  • Restaurant
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$183
US$232
US$194
  • Bar/Lounge
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$280
US$251
  • Breakfast included
US$251
US$192
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Watergate Hotel Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$469
US$401
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchenmarble floorsconvention centerliving roomcontinental breakfastcook topmt vernonconstruction noisethe penthousewithin walking distancemetro stopkitchen areafrosted glassmarriott marquisbooked this hotelshower headpull out couch
Reviewed 22 August 2010

This is a great hotel. It is only two blocks away from the subway, 5 blocks from a Safeway and just around the corner is a drug store. As everyone else has mentioned the only downside of the location is that there are boarded up building around the hotel. It is an area just waiting to be redone but it is not yet there. We did not feel at all unsafe, but I don't know if I would wander around late at night.

And there is my only negative.

The hotel itself is fantastic. You get a large living room, excellent kitchen (stove, oven, fridge - with ice maker, a dish washer, pots, pans, and dishes for four), great bathroom with a huge shower, and one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. There is free wifi, the tv is hooked to satellite (so hundreds or channels), the airconditioning works great. I basically have nothing bad to say about our experience here.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I'll preface this review by saying I found the rate of $90 for this hotel on a random site and it sucks because I can't remember the site to book there again.
After seeing the rate and the pics of the hotel on the web, I was very skeptical, I was hoping for a luxury hotel, but expecting the "No-Tell-Motel"....BOY WAS I WRONG!!! Upon walking into the lobby we could tell this was going to be a great hotel, the entrance gave the feeling of luxury. The guys at the front desk were awesome, we arrived at 11am and check-in was 4pm, but since the room was ready, we got to check-in and put our bags in the room and get on with our day with no worries about our bags.
After getting to the room and walking in, all we could do was walk around and see everything, plus taking pictures was the order of the day. I've stayed at plenty of Westins, Hiltons and other "nice" hotels and The Eldon is on par with all of them, plus you have the added feature of it being a suite with full kitchen. The other big thing is it's across the street from the convention center and a short walk to all the sights.
Overall, I was most definitely pleased and would highly recommend this hotel to friends

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank OCSPORTSNUT
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We spent a week in DC and never felt cramped. We had a beautiful 1-bedroom suite That became a "home away from home." We were able to walk to all of the DC attractions. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2010

We arrived on July 31 for a 6 night stay. We had booked and paid for 2 rooms through American Express travel, which in turn used Travelocity. When we arrived, the front desk had us down for only one room. They were booked full but did find us a room but I am not sure if they had to bump someone else. A couple of days later I overheard a family with the same issue, except they had no room. I'm not sure how that turned out for them. So, word to the wise - call and confirm your reservation with the hotel before you arrive.

The Eldon Luxury Suites is a beautiful property in the middle of a couple of old, nasty and scary properties with barbed wire fences. Do not let the next door neighbors who might be hiding in the abandoned building next door keep you away. We were thrilled with our suites - they were new and clean and pretty. The best showers and possibly the best beds ever. Great value. There are a couple of downsides to the property which we worked around and realized that staying at an inn of this type can save a lot of money, even though you really are staying in luxurious accommodations. First, there is no bar. However, there is a liquor store nearby so we stocked up on wine, etc. on the first day. There is also a CVS right around the corner so we bought snacks, water bottles, mixers etc. Instead of paying $14 bucks for a glass of wine at a bar, we had happy hour each evening in our very comfortable living room. So, the lack of a bar turned out to be a plus for us. Second, there is no television in the bedroom. We always sleep with the tv on but in this case, we were so tired and the beds were so comfortable - we never missed the tv in the bedroom. Third, it is hard to find taxis. However, the METRO is nearby and it takes you virtually everywhere. Moreover, we found a very kind man with a nice towncar. We took his card and he took us everywhere for a very reasonable fee. I will post his information later but if you need it in the meantime, please send me an e-mail and I will give you his information. We flew in and out of three different airports and he found a way to get us to all three airports on the day of our departure. Fourth, there is no pool. This did not matter to us because we did not have small kids with us.

A couple of thoughts on postings I have read here about internet usage. We had no problem whatsoever. The lack of internet would have forced us to find another hotel but fortunately we had no problems and even better, it is free. Together we had 6 computers with us so this was a great savings for us.

All in all, we loved our stay at the Eldon. Just don't be shocked when you are pulling up in front of the hotel. The places that immediately surround the hotel are no indication of the gem that awaits you.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We visited DC in July of 2010. Since we were traveling with 3 small kids, we wanted a room that could accomodate everyone plus have a kitchen to cut down on dining costs. The Eldon 1 bedroom suite was it for our 4 day trip.
Decor: modern and not quite to our tastes. Your mileage may vary. Marble floors, wood paneling walls, high ceilings, stainless appliances.
Room Quality: everything worked, including the AC (we needed it!) Comfortable beds. Fancy shower system. Flat panel TV in living area with lots of cable channels. Enough new/clean kitchenware to cook and eat. Loads of closet space. No street noise to speak of.
Location: immediate buildings on the street looked rough although the nearby area seemed to be in the process of restoration. It was a relatively easy walk to Mall sites. CVS was next door and a Safeway about 4 blocks away (plus a liquor store was just one block away).
Breakfast: Your basic cold breakfast, fruits, pastries, juice, coffee. The pastries were delivered fresh from Watergate Bakery right when it opened; they were good.
Cons: could have used a queen sized bed in the bedroom. There was a cable outlet in the bedroom but no TV; would have been nice to watch TV in the bedroom after putting the kids to bed on the sleeper sofa in the living area. Small parking lot means you left your keys with them and they moved cars as necessary. We had no issues during our stay but I can see where damage might occur. There were steps to get into the hotel lobby; hard for us with a baby stroller (and I imagine also for someone in a wheelchair). We had ants in our room. They came and sprayed the room for us and also comped the parking due to this.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family