I will give you the good points of this hotel .. The location was ok about a 25 min walk to the main sights, however the metro station was just behind the hotel giving easy access to my places and the prices for tickets were great to..
Now the bad points we arrived in washing after an 8 hour flight to gave to stand in border security for 2 long hours ( the longest I have ever waited to enter the us and I've been 6 times ) we for a taxi to out hotel which cost $100 as it was nearly an hour away
We checked in ok I had booked a double guest room which showed on their web site consisted of 2 queens bed ..
We got to our room to find we were right behind the metro station and the trains were rearly loud, 1 bed and a small 2 seater couch.. My teenage kids 17 and 14 were horrified so I sent my husband to complain and the reception man told us the sofA pulled out and that was what I had booked so I showed him my documentation and he then said a double room can also mean a pull out sofa ?? I told him I had 2 teenagers that would not fit on the tiny sofa but he had no other double rooms till a few days later .. Tired and nearly in tears I went to out room and my hubby went down again and came back with a new key.. They moved us away from the trains but still only one bed
Even the maid said to us a few days later that she was surprised that we were not in a double bedded room !!
Food is expensive in the hotel however next to it is a fantastic supermarket were we got out drinks from
This holiday and hotel was booked through BA AND I WAS SURPRISED it was not as good as ba normally have on their website.. Also we had to wAit 20 mins for clean linen as the sheets were stained and dirty..
But Washington, D.C. Itself was every bit as amazing as I had expected loved the sights and would go back again but stay at a different hotel !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New hotel located one metro rail stop from Union Station, the transportation hub of our nation's capital and home to Amtrak train. Within easy reach of US Capitol, National Mall and The Whitehouse, use this hotel as your launch pad and enjoy the sights and sounds of Washington. Hotel amenities include The Bistro, free wi-fi, pool, GoBoard, and 24 hour business and print center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Marriott, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Washington, Dc / u.s. Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Courtyard Hotel Washington Dc