“Fabulous employees!”

Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol
Ranked #115 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Cherelle went out of her way to make sure I had coffee one morning - when the restaurant wasn't even open - brought it to my room! She saw my dissatisfaction and aimed to please. It is nice when an employee goes out of there way to make your stay better - just because they want to see you satisfied.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Mike W, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for your review. Making sure all of our guests see an 'employee go out of their way' is our top priority. I am very happy that this was your experience.

We hope to see you again on future visits to the area.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

After a late-night flight cancellation at DCA, I booked a room at this hotel through the Marriott central booking office. When I arrived at the hotel, the night manager informed me that the property was oversold and he had no rooms left. Instead of leaving me stranded at midnight trying to find another hotel on my own, he had already booked a room at a nearby Marriott property, paid for the room, and gave me money for a taxi ride to the other property. The staff were very attentive and courteous to this tired traveler even though they were clearly very busy that night. I greatly appreciate the kindness and efficiency of the night manager in coming up with a customer-focused solution for a problem that was not his fault.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nancy g
Mike W, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review. I am so sorry to learn about your flight cancellation. I am sure that is less than you expected. We know air travel can be frustrating, especially when stranded on the road away from loved ones. Our team prides itself on valuing each guest's experience, and I am pleased that we could be the least of your worries that night.

I trust you returned home safely. We hope to see you again at our Courtyard. Drop me a note and let me know next time when you will be there! We welcome any suggestions as to how we can make your next stay memorable.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This wouldn't have been my first hotel pick.The rooms were ok .Hair in the tub.
Had to have a room switch at midnight when I arrived because there was a bad odor in the room. Overall staff was friendly..

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Jftson72
Mike W, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I am terribly sorry we did not meet your expectations. Your experience was less than we promise our guests and definitely far from normal. I welcome a chance to discuss further and learn more so that I can take any corrective actions needed.

Please feel free to email me at mike.wilson@marriott.com or call at 202-898-4000 at your convenience.

Have a nice week,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel is clean, comfortable and the location is excellent: nearby White House, national mall and metro station! The only problem was the housekeeper waking me up at 8:30am to clean the room!! Came on, I was on vacations!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sabrina2807
mike w, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for your review. We will share your comments with the Housekeeping Team regarding cleanliness. We are glad you enjoyed the city and our hotel being adjacent to the Metro.

I will personally address your comments regarding the eager housekeeper that accidentally woke you up. I sincerely apologize for that inconvenience. Our standard is for guests to not be approached until after 9am.

We hope to see you again.

Thank you for staying with us.

Regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

A superb stay at a hotel that featured a great location, friendly staff, well-kept and modern rooms, and fast internet service. A Metro station around one block away proved essential and extremely helpful. I attended a Washington Nationals game and ate at Gordon Biersch, which were both within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: A great hotel location for TDY travel to Washington Navy Yard.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert K

Thank you very much for your recent review. We especially appreciate your kind words.

On behalf of the team at the hotel, we are pleased to hear that our friendly staff made a difference and that you enjoyed our location offerings. We are in the heart of NoMa (North of Mass Ave), part of the fastest growing area in DC.

Glad you had fun at the Nationals game and at GB. I remember helping you with that recommendation.

We hope to see you again!

Until next time...safe travels.

Best,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

If you seek a hotel with friendly, efficient staff and that is well maintained then this Courtyard should fill the bill. While it is in a redeveloping area of DC it is not remote as it is served by the Red Line Metro with a station literally next door. There are several fast food selections in the neighborhood like 5 Guys, Au Bon Pain, Pita Place etc. You can take the Metro to and from Washington Reagan with travel time of 15 minutes. You are one stop from Union Station. The breakfast menu and evening menu while limited provide very good and well prepared choices.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Jim F
Mike W, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments about the team's friendliness and attention to details.

We are proud to be one of the first tenants in the new NoMa neighborhood in DC. NoMa (North of Mass Ave) is the fastest growing area in the city and the first neighborhood with free outdoor wifi. It is very exciting to be part of this growing area which promises to deliver more retail and restaurants over the next 5 years.

We hope to see you again in our neighborhood. Thank you for staying with us.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

stayed at this hotel for one night. very convenient because of location right next to the metro but service. had a room that felt it was above the metro tracks. front desk staff were helpful. good location and good value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank EdK541

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I enjoyed meeting you while you stayed with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our location...it's one of our best attributes. We appreciate the comments about the staff, they are always excited to know they make a difference.

Please let me know when you will be back in the area. I would enjoy seeing you again.

All the best,