I travel quite a bit for business so I usually don't even bother reviewing business hotels but I have to comment on this property. I only stayed one night but I was quite impressed.
Room was a good size, newly renovated, and the front desk and valet car people were more than helpful. As for locations, pretty darn good as it's by the Verizon center, the Metro, Chinatown, etc. I had a sponsored marketing event about 8 blocks away so it worked out perfect.
Generally I stay in SPG properties (Sheraton, W, Westin, Aloft, etc) and while in DC I try to stay near Dupont Circle just cause there are many spots for a business traveler to walk to for a bite or glass of wine. I chose this property because I only needed one more stay to put me into SILVER status so I gambled. Let me tell you the gamble paid off.
There is an onsite Bar / Restaurant call the Irish Times. As an Irish American, I must say it's pretty authentic and the food wasn't half bad either. I don't know if I would hit it up if I wasn't staying at the hotel but it's great for onsite.
I totally forgot about breakfast the next morning and went I got to the lobby it was a great surprise. I made a cup of tea, grabbed a bannana, and a granola bar before I headed off to meetings in Baltimore. Perfect!
Bottom line - If you can get a good price on this hotel (I paid $150.00 I think) you can't go wrong. Otherwise try any Kimpton property in DC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown is a newly renovated Chinatown DC hotel that offers comfort and convenience for the busy business and leisure traveler. We provide quality accommodations and value our guests who are visiting our National’s Capital for work or pleasure. As the only Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in the Washington DC city center, our hotel features a custom design package with upgraded services and amenities designed specifically with the business traveler in mind. We offer the following services and amenities: 198 elegant and functional guest rooms offering plush bedding, LCD flat screen TVs with premium channels, spacious work desk with plug-in-panel, and complimentary Wi-Fi & hard wired internet access • Complimentary expanded continental breakfast • 24-hour access fitness room and business center • The Irish Channel, on-site restaurant open for lunch and dinner, and offering room service from 11am-11pm • Concierge service • Valet parking • Same-day dry cleaning service. Located in the bustling Chinatown neighborhood and in proximity to: Gallery Place/Chinatown metro (2 blocks) • Walter E. Washington Convention Center (6 blocks) • Verizon Center (2 blocks) • U.S. Capitol (1 mile) • Union Station (1 mile) • Government & association offices nearby • Airports: Reagan National (DCA) - 6.5 miles, Dulles Int'l (IAD) - 25 miles, Baltimore/Washington (BWI) - 35 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown
- Red Roof Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Red Roof Inn