“Clean, Comfy Hotel and Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown
Ranked #62 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Colorado
“Clean, Comfy Hotel and Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

I stayed here with my 18 year old twins and their pro-life group from school, during the 2013 March for Life. The room was clean and the beds very comfortable! The hotel was very accomodating when I asked for a late check-out, even offering to extend it beyond the normal late check out time. I didn't need it for that long, but it was nice to know that I didn't have to hurry back to get our things out of the room if we ended up running late! The lobby area is a nice gathering place and they have an assortment of teas, coffee and hot chocolate as well as cookies available. The breakfast was better than most with prepared oatmeal, a variety of yoghurts, cold cereals, waffles, hard boiled eggs, bagels, fruit, etc. I will be honest when I say that I almost didn't stay here due to a prior review that mentioned bed bugs, but I decided not to let that deter me as if you look hard enough on the internet, it seems like most hotels have reports of bed bugs. I decided to trust the Fairfield (Marriott) name, and I'm glad I made that choice. We walked miles and miles during this trip, but we were close enough to the National Mall and the sites we wanted to see, that we didn't have to take public transportation. There are a lot of restaurants nearby. Try the Corner Bakery at the end of the block. Wonderful food! This hotel was only a few blocks from the Smithsonian Art Museum, which had some interesting exhibits and it's free. The Metro Chinatown/Galleria station is only 2 blocks from the hotel. All in all, a great location for visiting Washington DC, very accommodating staff, and clean and comfortable room. What more could you ask for? I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to other travelers. (I am picky!)

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the church across the street - it's a really nice view.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MelsColorado

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Czech first
West Orange, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013 via mobile

I was working two blocks away and wish I could have taken more advantage of the Chinatown neighborhood. The room was spacious and modern. I met a friend at the bar in the lobby. And the metro was only a few blocks away. Great for business travel.

• Stayed January 2013
ada Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

My family came to visit the sights of DC. The location was perfect. We were close to the metro station and were able to acces all of the sights easily. The free breakfast buffet was the best of any hotel I have stayed at. The staff was very friendly and helpful for any request. The location is Chinatown had a lot of great resturants nearby.. The resturant Eat First was awesome

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Michigan7866
wasfc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay! I will definitely have to check out the restaurant “Eat First.” We look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.

Take care,
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

The fairfield is a recently updated hotel and a great value option in the heart of DC. You can walk to all the main attractions downtown like monuments and museums. The subway is also right there. I would definitely stay here again when visiting DC.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank kweaver22
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again!

Take care,
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

The only reason I am rating this hotel as poor is because we found bed bugs in our bed. My boyfriend & stayed in this hotel for a weekend in Dec 2012. On the second night I was scratching my arm. I didn't think anything of it because I am used to get destroyed by mosquitos nearly year-round, but the next morning my arms were itching all over. I had the tell-tale pattern of tight lines of bites all over my arms and stomach. When we were packing to leave, we found one bed bug in the sheets. The hotel was nice enough to comp us one night, but being two days later and covered in calamine lotion, one night is not enough for me. CHECK YOUR SHEETS.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank TMF1987
wasfc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Dear guest,

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide a memorable stay to all of guests and I regret you experienced issues while staying with us. Please rest assured that our hotel follows strict guidelines and takes immediate action regarding this time of feedback. I do hope you will choose to stay with us in the future as I am confident our award winning hotel is an ideal choice for visitors coming to the Washington DC area. Please feel free to contact me directly at our property should you have any questions. Again, thank you for your comment.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

Felisha at front desk was so accommodating and friendly. The room was clean with great bed. Location in Chinatown. Was treated better here than at the j.w Marriott in d.c where the staff was condescending and rude! Stay here! Great price too and included breakfast and Free wifi!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Karina D
Ambler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

Took the family sightseeing in DC for the weekend and needed a place to crash. What we found was this well maintained, well appointed gem within walking distance of the mall, museums, monuments. Great restaurants in the neighborhood. Staff could not have been nicer and the free breakfast each morning was icing on the cake.

Room Tip: Try Matchbox for great burgers and beer. Right down the street.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family