Got a super rate by staying over the weekend. First visit to Washington and more than satisfied with our stay.
Hotel is walkable from Union Station and located right by Chinatown.
Check in was quick with friendly staff. Room was average size with 2 queen beds (comfortable), desk, small closet, and good-sized bathroom, but no full length mirror, microwave/fridge, or chair other than desk chair. Ventilation system was quiet, lots of outlets are provided, and wifi was good. Decor of room and hotel itself definitely asian inspired, but makes sense given its location.
Complimentary hot breakfast is provided and is more than sufficient. Lots of hot and cold items including hot porridge/oatmeal, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, lots of fresh fruit (apples, bananas, and fruit salad), muffins, waffles, and all the fixings. Staff were always working hard at making sure everything was well supplied. Very substantial in that we often didn't need to eat again until dinner! And the lobby offers 24 hr coffee/tea/hot chocolate/ice water, which was an added bonus.
Location of hotel is very convenient to walking to all the sites in the National Mall, the White House, the Verizon Centre, Chinatown, and other downtown sites. The subway is also conveniently located a few blocks away. Neighbourhood felt safe for the most part, but there are street people and panhandlers around which may make some feel a little uneasy.
All in all, a solid choice for visiting this city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown is a newly renovated Chinatown DC hotel that offers comfort and convenience for the busy business and leisure traveler. We provide quality accommodations and value our guests who are visiting our National’s Capital for work or pleasure. As the only Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in the Washington DC city center, our hotel features a custom design package with upgraded services and amenities designed specifically with the business traveler in mind. We offer the following services and amenities: 198 elegant and functional guest rooms offering plush bedding, LCD flat screen TVs with premium channels, spacious work desk with plug-in-panel, and complimentary Wi-Fi & hard wired internet access • Complimentary expanded continental breakfast • 24-hour access fitness room and business center • The Irish Channel, on-site restaurant open for lunch and dinner, and offering room service from 11am-11pm • Concierge service • Valet parking • Same-day dry cleaning service. Located in the bustling Chinatown neighborhood and in proximity to: Gallery Place/Chinatown metro (2 blocks) • Walter E. Washington Convention Center (6 blocks) • Verizon Center (2 blocks) • U.S. Capitol (1 mile) • Union Station (1 mile) • Government & association offices nearby • Airports: Reagan National (DCA) - 6.5 miles, Dulles Int'l (IAD) - 25 miles, Baltimore/Washington (BWI) - 35 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown
- Red Roof Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Red Roof Inn