We had a very nice stay here last weekend. We are new to DC and weren't very familiar with the area so we're sure glad we had Jonathan at the front (literally, he was ALWAYS at the front desk. Does he sleep?) I'm pretty sure he would have walked us to the Metro line if we needed it, he was that accommodating. He is what true service looks like: when you ask a question he doesn't tell you, he SHOWS you. Anyway, he's lovely. 'nuff said. So, the hotel is extremely easy to get to if you are driving from the north. It's just off the highway and near the 395 entrance. There's just a one block walk to the Metro and a slew of shops. If you are going to any events at the Staples Center, you literally could not stay any closer. And the mall adjacent to the staples center has 24 hour parking, so for 24 hours we paid only $16! Kind of a bargain. I know the hotel offers valet but there wasn't a valet person standing out there when we arrived so we just looped around to the parking garage. This is in the Asian area of town which means great food and lots of life and culture. You're a short walk to the nearby Dc attractions too. The hotel was clean and modern. There is a free breakfast which probably could have used more fresh items, but I enjoyed my waffles covered in strawberries just the same. We would stay here again as it was convenient to the theatre area, updated and reasonable priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown is a newly renovated Chinatown DC hotel that offers comfort and convenience for the busy business and leisure traveler. We provide quality accommodations and value our guests who are visiting our National’s Capital for work or pleasure. As the only Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in the Washington DC city center, our hotel features a custom design package with upgraded services and amenities designed specifically with the business traveler in mind. We offer the following services and amenities: 198 elegant and functional guest rooms offering plush bedding, LCD flat screen TVs with premium channels, spacious work desk with plug-in-panel, and complimentary Wi-Fi & hard wired internet access • Complimentary expanded continental breakfast • 24-hour access fitness room and business center • The Irish Channel, on-site restaurant open for lunch and dinner, and offering room service from 11am-11pm • Concierge service • Valet parking • Same-day dry cleaning service. Located in the bustling Chinatown neighborhood and in proximity to: Gallery Place/Chinatown metro (2 blocks) • Walter E. Washington Convention Center (6 blocks) • Verizon Center (2 blocks) • U.S. Capitol (1 mile) • Union Station (1 mile) • Government & association offices nearby • Airports: Reagan National (DCA) - 6.5 miles, Dulles Int'l (IAD) - 25 miles, Baltimore/Washington (BWI) - 35 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown
- Red Roof Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Red Roof Inn