Rooms - Very nice, recently renovated, spacious. Room has connections for computer to hook up to TV monitor. The only downside is that if you get one of those rooms with a shared door, you will hear EVERYTHING in the adjacent room. On the second night of my five-night stay, I switched rooms at 1am in the morning. The guest next to me was not being loud, but I could hear every word she said while talking to her family, and I felt like I was invading her privacy (I knew this person who is a co-worker and talks normally; I felt uncomfortable being able to hear her conversations). Once I switched rooms to one without a shared door, I never heard a peep. The initial room had a nice view of a church, and the second room looked into an adjacent office building; however, I really don't care about the view.
Breakfast - Wonderful.
Location - Pretty close to perfect. There are tons of restaurants and things to do nearby.
Exercise Room - Small but decent. Three treadmills, two ellipticals, weights, and exercise balls.
Staff - Very good. I appreciated their help checking in. Breakfast staff was very helpful and polite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown is a newly renovated Chinatown DC hotel that offers comfort and convenience for the busy business and leisure traveler. We provide quality accommodations and value our guests who are visiting our National’s Capital for work or pleasure. As the only Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in the Washington DC city center, our hotel features a custom design package with upgraded services and amenities designed specifically with the business traveler in mind. We offer the following services and amenities: 198 elegant and functional guest rooms offering plush bedding, LCD flat screen TVs with premium channels, spacious work desk with plug-in-panel, and complimentary Wi-Fi & hard wired internet access • Complimentary expanded continental breakfast • 24-hour access fitness room and business center • The Irish Channel, on-site restaurant open for lunch and dinner, and offering room service from 11am-11pm • Concierge service • Valet parking • Same-day dry cleaning service. Located in the bustling Chinatown neighborhood and in proximity to: Gallery Place/Chinatown metro (2 blocks) • Walter E. Washington Convention Center (6 blocks) • Verizon Center (2 blocks) • U.S. Capitol (1 mile) • Union Station (1 mile) • Government & association offices nearby • Airports: Reagan National (DCA) - 6.5 miles, Dulles Int'l (IAD) - 25 miles, Baltimore/Washington (BWI) - 35 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown
- Red Roof Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Red Roof Inn