Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown
Ranked #63 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Massachusetts
“handicap room flaws”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

The bed in the handicap room in DC was way too high and the toilet way too low. Hotel staff claimed that is standard.We then went to the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge and their handicap room was much nicer. Both had nice showers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sue R
wasfc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear 30SandyBrook,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your room at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC Downtown. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we strive to ensure that all of our guests receive the experience and service they deserve.

I will share your thoughts and comments with the staff to help us to continue to improve our hotel and service.

We hope that you will consider us the next time you are visiting the Washington, DC area.

Please reach out to me directly if I can be of service for your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Czech first
Margate City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised at this smaller well located property. It was cherry blossom weekend which filled the hotel to capacity but the staff was all over it. From the Valet parking to the concierge service all was great. Unlike a more upscale Marriott property there was no suave or elegance here, just tremendous service and value. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable and the breakfast more than ample.

The property is small and a bit cramped for a capacity crowd but all is handled in a highly professional manner. I give a big shout out to all the staff here - they all deserve a raise. Danielle, the concierge is all over the place making everything run smoothly. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Go higher, probably quieter. Corners have more windows.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank shorevet
Dear shorevet,

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC Downtown. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that our hotel, amenities and staff provided a great stay.

We are very proud of our team, hotel and proximity to all that is the Capital City. I will share your positive comments about the team, especially our concierge Danielle.

Please do join us on your next trip and continue to recommend us!

I am happy to help you personally with your next reservations. Feel free to reach out to me directly.
Point Pleasant, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

We had a wonderful stay! The hotel staff were super nice, very friendly and accomodating to our family. The room was clean, we have no complaints at all. We would like to mention a member of the staff, Davonna I believe was her name- she was fantastic with our son, she went out of her way to make him feel special and we appreciated that so much! We'll definitely stay here again if ever in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the street side of the 7th floor. Quiet neighborhood, gorgeous sunlight in the morning...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MsSaXoN
wasfc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear MsSaXon,

Thank you for staying at our Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC!

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our hotel was a perfect fit for your visit to DC. Our location is excellent and we're thrilled to hear that you felt the same way. Thanks for commenting on our entire team, and in particular Davonna from our breakfast team as it's always great for me to be able to share our guests thoughts with our team.

Carmel, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

This was an excellent hotel to stay and convenient to get around the city. If you are willing to walk, you can make it to the Capitol Building, the Smithsonian Art Museum, many restaurants, the Verizon Center, and to Constitution Avenue and Pennsylvania Avenue. I walked about four miles and made it to all of these sites and several more.

The employees here at the Fairfield were very nice and helpful. The room was very nice and modernized. I would recommend staying here if you have to stay in downtown area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Bookroxy,

Thank you for staying at our Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC!

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our hotel was a perfect fit for your visit to DC. Our location is excellent and we're thrilled to hear that you felt the same way. Thanks for commenting on our entire team as it's always great for me to be able to share our guests thoughts with our team.

Milton WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Was going to a conference at the Washington Convention Center,and the Faifield did just fine. close enough to walk there comfortably (we had snow that Monday, and I was still comfortable walking), near restaurants and the Gallery Place Metro station, and pharmacies are nearby. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were fine, although I had a view of the mechanicals.The only unpleasent thing is the price-$259/night when I went in early March 2014, and $39/night to park the car with in and out privledges.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lspdoll
wasfc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Lspdoll,

Thank you for staying at our Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC!

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our hotel was a perfect fit for your visit to the Convention Center. Thanks for commenting on our team as it's always great for me to be able to share our guests thoughts with our team. I am sorry to hear that you didn't get one of our rooms with a better view. Please reach out to me directly in the future for reservation needs and I'll be sure to provide you with a better view next time.

Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

My wife and I went on a 4 day "mini vacation" to Washington DC in late March and decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites ( in the downtown area ). The hotel was "typical Marriott", with all the nice amenities including a daily hot breakfast. The staff was competent, friendly, and couldn't do enough for us. As for the, clientele it was roughly 1/2 business and 1/2 tourist ( mostly young families ).

The hotel is located in the Chinatown area and just a few blocks from the Verizon Center. It is also within walking distance of the DC Welcome Center, Metro Stop, Ford Theater, Spy Museum, and several of the lesser known Smithsonian Museums. Needless to say, we had no problem finding great restaurants ranging from Chinese to Spanish to Italian to Pub Food.

In a city where hotels can be quite pricey. the Fairfield Inn represents a great value, situated in a nice location for tourists. We would definably go back during our next visit to DC.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear JoeG_52,

Thank you for staying at our Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC!

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our hotel was a perfect fit for your visit to our Nation's Capital. Our location is excellent and we're thrilled to hear that you felt the same way. Thanks for commenting on our team as it's always great for me to be able to share our guests thoughts with our team.

I would love to take care of your next reservation in the city so please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Rooms - Very nice, recently renovated, spacious. Room has connections for computer to hook up to TV monitor. The only downside is that if you get one of those rooms with a shared door, you will hear EVERYTHING in the adjacent room. On the second night of my five-night stay, I switched rooms at 1am in the morning. The guest next to me was not being loud, but I could hear every word she said while talking to her family, and I felt like I was invading her privacy (I knew this person who is a co-worker and talks normally; I felt uncomfortable being able to hear her conversations). Once I switched rooms to one without a shared door, I never heard a peep. The initial room had a nice view of a church, and the second room looked into an adjacent office building; however, I really don't care about the view.

Breakfast - Wonderful.

Location - Pretty close to perfect. There are tons of restaurants and things to do nearby.

Exercise Room - Small but decent. Three treadmills, two ellipticals, weights, and exercise balls.

Staff - Very good. I appreciated their help checking in. Breakfast staff was very helpful and polite.

Room Tip: Ask for one without a shared door if you don't want to hear noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank arualpalm
Dear arualpalm,

Thank you for staying at our Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC!

We are thrilled to hear that our hotel was a great fit for your visit. Our location is excellent and we're excited to hear that you felt the same way. Thanks for commenting on our team as it's always great for me to be able to share our guests thoughts with our team. I am sorry to hear that you had to change rooms late at night, but it sounds as if we were able to accommodate your request for a more quiet room. We appreciate your valuable feedback on the connecting doors, and will certainly do our best to correct this.