“Very nice and convenient to downtown” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown
Ranked #63 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very nice and convenient to downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend . I was checked in immediately and given the room with a king bed and a refrigerator on a high floor. We were in a the middle if China town and took advantage of the the Asian hibachi grille across the street . The room was very clean and kept tidy during my stay . I notice the closet could only hold the ironing board that was stored there . I did try the Irish Pub in the building and it was decent the pub have you another entry to the hotel with your room key. Over all it was a good choice and I d stay there again!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patrick M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Czech first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here over the Memorial day weekend 2014. Good room, nice location, near to metro , downtown. The great folks that work there make a big difference! Very friendly and very helpful. We will be sure to stay there the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

May partner and I stayed here in December and found the hotel and its staff extremely accommodating, we had absolutely no issue! The rooms are new, clean and spacious.

The location however, not as great! The hotel borderlines on chinatown and if you walk in the wrong direction you can come across some unfriendly characters.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kelly M
Tyrone, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I travel to DC a lot and normally stay in Crystal City. Let me start off that this is a Fairfield Inn, but I think it has a lot of promise. Be prepared for the "people are everywhere". I did notice that there was a police present in the area, but using just good old common sense (you are in a big city), you should be ok, Located in the heart of China town, lots of choices for food, 2 short blocks to metro, close to where I was meeting. Standard hot breakfast - my complaint - no bottled water to take for the day. I would recommend they upgrade their towel - too ruff for me. I asked for a quite room rather then the "view" - I was good with the noise level. I would recommend this place and would stay again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cordon J
Santa Monica, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Was on a business trip for a couple of nights and put up here. It is very nice and clean. Easy walk to Gallery Place Metro and in the middle of China Town so if you like Chinese (and other Asian) food - this place was great for easy and quick access. Room was clean and comfortable. I did laugh a bit at the Irish Pub/restaurant downstairs in the middle of China Town. At least the outdoor awning had the name written in Chinese. Breakfast and internet included. Breakfast was slightly above the average standard fare. Lots of fruit available as well as the more standard fare. Would have no problem staying here again. One ding - no refrigerators in the room. I have come to really expect that and it is so convenient to keep some cold drinks nearby when working in the room.

Green Features: Green practices regarding hotels and bed linens in place
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jeffrey G
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel was perfect – clean, comfortable and within walking distance of everything we wanted to do in DC.
We visited DC for one night for the SAVOR craft beer festival (beer and food pairing). The Fairfield was the closest hotel to the event at the National Building museum (.2 mi).
Rooms were available when we checked in a little early at 1:30. My favorite part about check-in was the “no party” agreement was signed. Management has a policy that all guests need to sign a disclosure that no smoking and no partying would take place on premises. Sounded good to me, as we planned to do all partying off site. The hotel is for sleeping!
The bed was comfortable, and the room was very clean. My husband (6’3”) was very happy with the shower. The shower head was above him, and we had plenty of hot water and water pressure.
We got to breakfast around 8:45 on Saturday. Typical hotel continental breakfast – make your own waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal and milk, yogurt, eggs, juice, etc. Food was plentiful and adequate and good for a post-party way to start the day.
I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in DC.

Room Tip: We had room 815 and it was very quiet. Our friends had room 712, and the church bells woke them in...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank flyerfan22
Harrisonburg, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Traveled to D.C. for annual conference and since we were unable to get rooms at conference hotel, this location was suggested as an alternate. We were only 1/3 of a mile from the conference location so it was an easy walk to and from hotel.

The rooms here were very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable.

The breakfast here was actually better than the continental breakfast served to us at the conference and the hostess was pleasant and greeted everyone as they came through the line for breakfast.

Everyone on the staff that we encountered was very pleasant and accommodating. While the hotel did have a luggage room for those who needed to store luggage until their departure time, they were very flexible when our group (4 rooms) requested a late check-out in order to finish our conference activities at the other hotel. The valet was very prompt in getting our vehicle back to us and we were able to load up quickly and head out for our trip home.

We had to arrange taxis a couple of times for trips to Capitol Hill and the valet and concierge were both very helpful with this. We made all of our appointments on time and things went very smoothly.

This hotel is located in Chinatown about two blocks from the metro station so while it is convenient, when walking you do have to pass through some very busy areas. We were in a group so this was not a problem, had I been traveling alone I may not have walked as many places as I did, but it was nice to be able to get out and visit some of the local restaurants as well.

My co-workers stopped in the restaurant in the hotel (an Irish pub) and enjoyed it but I did not personally visit it. Based on the rest of the hotel experience, I am sure it was very nice.

We paid about $299/night for our stay and there are much lower rates offered at this hotel at times, but there were several large conferences taking place in the area during our visit and lots of hotels were booked so convenience comes at premium. I was happy with our choice.

Room Tip: Just don't forget your room key if you have to run downstairs for something. . .you need it to c...
Green Features: I did not notice a recycle bin in my room although it was referenced in some hotel materials.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business