“See Gene when staying at the DC Fairfield”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown
Ranked #63 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“See Gene when staying at the DC Fairfield”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield since they had the best value and price in downtown DC. After arriving and valet parking our car (the price for parking was NOT a good value and think Marriott is gouging folks who drive to this hotel), we were helped by the concierge, Gene taking our bags to our room. Gene is the best concierge we have ever met in all of our travels....personable, very knowledgeable about the DC area, providing directions and especially great restaurant recommendations. Our trip would not have been as enjoyable without having had the services of this great concierge who we loved talking to while staying at this hotel. The hotel is situated in Chinatown so there are plenty of restaurants and metro stop across the street. We would recommend anyone travelling to DC and looking for a great value that includes free breakfast, we recommend the Fairfield but only if Gene is still there.

Room Tip: our room was a deluxe with two double beds...not super comfortable but ok....if want to spend more...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank johnaug

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Czech first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was my second stay here in the past four months. Unfortunately the customer service was horrible this stay. I had reserved a king room with a sofa and on checking in I was told there wasn't one available. No apology, no nothing. I made my reservation weeks ago and was paying $379 a night. I needed the room type I reserved as I would be working with colleagues on a project and needed the seating. Only after calling marriott customer service did I receive any sort of apology. At breakfast the next morning, I went to get a milk from the buffet and noticed they were all expired by more than a week. To the attendants credit, she removed them immediAtely when I told her. Lastly, they put a family with a crying baby in the room next to mine knowing all that had happened. For two days/nights the small child screamed and cried all night. Wouldn't recommend if you are a business traveler needing to do work in your room.

1 Thank Businesstravel90210
wasfc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Businesstravel90210,

Thank you very much for staying with us!

Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor service and major issues you experienced during your stay. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction, but unfortunately we fell way short of both your expectations and ours. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit with Marriott.

We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. At a time of your convenience please feel free to reach out directly at 202-697-4002 or via email so that we can address your concerns appropriately.

Ryan Urgo
Richmond Hill, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Hotel is very nice and rooms are well appointed. Very little hallway noise although our room was on the corner so street noise was noticeable at times. Breakfast was very good and plentiful options. Afternoon cookies were welcomed by our teens after a long day of sightseeing.

Was prepared for valet parking but was NOT prepared to see that for $36/day my vehicle would be parked in the alley adjacent to the hotel (thanks valet for the new door ding on my SUV). So, don't expect covered parking.

We used the available car service at times; check with the concierge. Cost was less than a taxi.

Room Tip: Unless you want the view (not bad) avoid rooms facing the corner of 5th Ave and H Street due to stre...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CJIG106
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is one of the most beautifully designed American hotels I've stayed at. Really loved the oriental room designs, which reminds me of home - the decorations are really classy... feels like staying in a 5 star hotel! The hotel is situated in a great location in Chinatown, right next to the Verizon Center with many restaurants and even a movie theater! Breakfast is plentiful - but the bar/restaurant attached to the hotel is really crowded at night and doesn't open during daytime, and it's hard to order food from there. Besides that, the hotel employees are very friendly and the service is awesome.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank fzwa1964
Tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Everything was wonderful. The best hotel service I have ever experienced. Whenever I'm vacationing in DC, I will definitely stay at Fairfield in Chinatown. This location exceed my expectations with everything even the hotel restaurant employees were very friendly and provided excellent service.

1 Thank g1overr
Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Great location at a good rate. Fairfield is a budget hotel of the Marriott properties, so our king bedded room was small but modernly decorated and clean. Good size shower, decent water pressure with a rain-type shower head. Comfy bed n lots of pillows. Better than what I expected. This hotel was a short walk from the Gallery Place Metro Station. We arrived to a warm and friendly front desk staff. We dropped our bag in the room and immediately ventured out with a city map in hand provided by the front desk agent. It was an easy walk to the Washington Mall with all of its wonderful monuments and museums. Nice security feature: must use hotel key to access Elevator to upper floors and between floors.
I'd stay here again.

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn during the weekend of May 30-Jun1, 2014.The hotel is newly renovated with an Asian Theme. Staff was very accommodating. I had a King room on the 10th floor. Although it was quite small it was sufficient for my needs.
There is a small fitness room and garage parking through a valet.. They also have complimentary breakfast with a nice variety to pick from; very convenient when I wanted to getting going fast in the morning without having to find someplace else to eat. I only had a few gripes about my stay;
1) I called the hotel directly to book with Marriott reward points and was told that my 2 night stay was covered completely with points; however when I arrived I was billed for one night. When I spoke to and show the front desk a confirmation email that stated otherwise, I was still charged as they claimed I didn't have enough points. Although they were very kind and tried to call corporate to resolve my claim in the end I had to pay $149.00 plus taxes. Not that this is outrageous, just wish they had been more up front about it in the beginning. As a courtesy for obviously some one's mistake in the beginning, I felt like I should have at least been offered the parking for free as that was an additional $36.00 plus tax a day. (which is common in DC however due to the mix up I feel I should have been compensated for this charge.)

Other suggestions; a mini fridge in the room would have been nice. I haven't stayed anywhere in the last 10 years that didn't have one in the room. Also the bathroom didn't have a fan. It steamed up quickly.

Although I will probably stay here again due to its proximity to my son's apartment, I prefer the Washington Court on New Jersey Avenue.

Room Tip: Valet parking is tricky when you arrive at hotel. You need to approach on H street heading east in...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo