1,464 results
All reviewswhite housefarragut west metro stoppurified watercafe soleilclub livinggreat locationrooms are smallmetro stationfloor loungetwo blocksfridge and microwaveliving roombusiness travelercoffee machinebusiness centerwalking distancestreet noise
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We really enjoyed our recent stay at Club Quarters in the Golden Triangle area of DC. The neighborhood runs from the White House to Dupont Circle and from K Street to Connecticut Avenue. We were so close to many of the great attractions, the White House was one block away and a few blocks down from that was the Mall with all the Smithsonian Museums and National Archives. Dupont Circle, with its fun restaurants and bars, was about a 10-15 walk in the other direction. The hotel itself was great; there were so many amenities, such as free WiFi in the room. There was a space called the Living Room that offered 24 hour coffee, tea and fruit. In the morning there were fruit bars and in the afternoon there were snacks. If asked, for no extra fee, they would bring a spinning bike, stepper or yoga mat to your room; you could also borrow an iPad. The Living Room also had a place to charge cell phones, read newspapers, watch TV and meet. There was an exercise room with treadmills. Every floor had plastic bottles that could be filled with cold water. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was a bar and restaurant next to the lobby that was very convenient and there was a metro train stop on the corner.

Room Tip: At check in, we asked for a room with two beds and were given it with no problem.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jenniferwilliams7
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Just spent 3 days at this smaller boutique type business hotel. It is 2 blocks from The White House, and surrounded by restaurants, stores like CVS + & eleven, and a dance club 1/2 a block away if you like that sort of thing. Checked in @ 10:30pm after a 3 hour Amtrak ride. Check in was so fast, we were in our room within 5 minutes. The desk staff were warm, welcoming and friendly, and advised us where we should go to eat/hang out, and even knew the hours of the different places. Well done! We ended up ordering a cocktail at the Cafe in the restaurant while we waited for a pizza to be delivered. The room: Room 606. Corner room, with front view of 17th , side window was view of Farragut Square. No traffic noise at all. 1 queen bed with lovely linens and great large pillows. Sleeper sofa was a comfortable as one could be, so could have been worse. Large workstation table with a row of 6 electrical outlets right on top for ease of use.Huge flat screen tv in the work/sleeper sofa area, and a smaller one over the queen bed. The room was spotless. Bathroom was quite nice. Granite counter, large mirrors and magnifier mirror, blow drier, and soft towels.Shower was large, step in tile type. No bathtub, but I don't take baths, so it was great for me. Small fridge, coffee maker and glasses (not plastic cups), and coffee mugs were a nice touch. Each floor has a purified water dispenser, with bottle stacked neatly above. We walked 8-10 miles each day, so this was really convenient for us to start out with fresh cold bottled water. The Club Living room on he second floor was fantastic! Fresh coffee, espresso, caffe latte, 24/7. Newspapers, comfortable tables + chairs. They have a desktop computer for those who haven't brought their own, free of charge to use in the Club Living Room. Although we were 1 block from the metro station ( the one under the building is closed on weekends), we walked everywhere from this location. I can't say enough about the staff. Always a good morning, good evening , how are you, and a smile. In a nutshell, the rooms are close quarters, but nicely done, The staff tremendously helpful and kind. We had made plans to stay in Arlington on Veterans Day weekend this year, but I will now be staying at Club Quarters D.C. due to this lovely experience.

Room Tip: 606 was great. 2 windows face 17th, side window faces Farragut Square. No traffic noise could be heard. Very sunny and pleasant.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Trxzee
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I spent a lot of time looking for a place to take my daughter to DC and settled on Club Quarters after exhaustive research. Will make it quick with the positives and negatives:

- Check in was very pleasant and efficient, probably took about 30 seconds on a Sunday evening.
- Parking is $20 a day at a offsite location that is a 1 minute walk from the hotel in secure location with good staff. (make sure to validate) This compared very favorably to most other locations with ridiculous parking add on charges.
- Room was clean for the most part and well laid out with the amount of room allocated.
- a block and a half to white house (no tours due to sequester...)
- Orange line of subway is steps away from entrance to hotel to get you to all various locations quickly and safely.
- 7-11 close by for any thing you may need but forgot.
- don't discount the cold filtered water offered on every floor, especially in summer when temps were high.
- Free Wifi, another add on at most locations
- House Keeping had everything done after we left and before we returned.
- Water Pressure was fantastic after a long day of sightseeing.

Negatives:

- Not really a negative, but rooms are smaller than normal but they do not claim otherwise. If you are there for sleeping after sightseeing, who cares.
- Room was a little dusty and was never wiped down from what i could see. (specifically the work area)
- some ceiling tiles in bathroom could be replaced (minimal discoloration)
- Tile in bathrooms starting to show some age.
- Much of the dining options close after daily workers go home for the day.
- Room noise just a tad loud from the 5th floor, but not unbearable.

Overall, i would not hesitate to stay here again. The proximity to the White house and the metro make this a no brainer. Staff is great, parking is reasonable, free wifi, reasonable rates and location, location, location. Will definitely stay here on my next visit.
Thanks for making my daughters first trip to DC a memorable one.

Room Tip: The higher the better just due to noise. All rooms have black out curtains but the noise comes through...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I arrived at Club Quarters on a Sunday minus my missing luggage. I had an injured foot and badly needed bandages and other items to care for a wound. After walking blocks and blocks around DC looking for an open drugstore, I returned to the hotel to inquire if the staff knew of a drugstore that was open on a Sunday night. I was clearly in pain and my foot was bleeding. Behailu at the front desk took one look at me and my foot and insisted on going to an all-night drugstore for me to pick up the items I needed. I was deeply touched by his kindness and compassion for a fellow human being. Behailu is truly a lovely person.

I stay at this location of Club Quarters frequently and I have to say that all of their employees are great people, especially Behailu, Kiuana, Rany, Tseday, Carl, and Carlos. These wonderful people treat their guests like family. I feel so at home whenever I stay there. Club Quarters is lucky to have such wonderful employees!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 2InfinitiAndByond
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My husband and I just came back from Washington where we spent 3 amazing days exploring the capital.We decided to stay at Club Quarters since our friends were also staying there. I have to admit that I'm very picky when it comes to hotels and resorts but I'm very happy that we chose this place. I will try to give an as detailed review as possible because I really think that everybody considering a trip to Washington should have the same great experience I had.

1-Check-in: we travelled from NY by car on Sunday night. Not a long drive but after being in the car for a good 5 hours, being able to go to your room as fast as you can is always a plus. We were warmly greeted by Behailu and Tseday. They were very nice and gave us a very nice room on the top floor. I know you don't spend a lot of time in your hotel room when you travel but I always like to have a nice room to go back to after a long day. The check-in was literally done in 5 mins.

2- The room: we stayed in room 1103, a simple room with a nice view of the park next to the hotel. The room had a queen sized-bed, a fridge, a microwave,a coffee maker, a flat screen TV, a bathroom with a shower (pressure was awesome) and the usual accommodations. Everything was extremely clean and I was very happy about that.

3- The second floor lounge: you will find a nice area to rest, go online or enjoy a cup of joe on the second floor. It was always clean and packed with fresh fruits, sodas, teas,cold filtered water,coffee and newspapers. If you like chess, you can also enjoy playing a game there. Having this room there was definitely a plus.

4- The gym: I will not review this as I didn't get a chance to use it.

5- The location: the number one reason why you stay there. If you go to DC for the first time like we did, you will want to see everything famous the capital has to offer. Well staying at the Club Quarters was perfect and convenient; the hotel is literally 2 blocks away from the White House and near the Smithsonian museums. If you like to walk, you will not mind going all the way to the Lincoln Memorial, come back by the pool of Reflection, stop by all the memorials, check out the Washington monument and head back to the museums. We spent the whole day walking, we were tired when we came back to the room but it was worth it!!! The hotel is so well-located that you won't have to rent a car or take a cab if again, you don't mind walking.

6- The restaurant in the hotel: we didn't have dinner there or have a drink at the bar but we had breakfast there and it really was the only negative point of our stay: it was a rip-off and I would recommend going across the street to "Le Pain Quotidien" or Wicked Waffle which was 1/2 a block away or anywhere else before you decide to go there. The food was nothing special and the guy working there was rude. He didn't serve us at all since it's a buffet but he had the nerves to charge us a $3 tip per person. Needless to say I wasn't pleased!!! It was the only thing I didn't like.

Overall, this hotel was great, Behailu and Tseday were very nice and welcoming and the location is really what makes this place a great find. Go there, you won't be disappointed. I know I wasn't and if I ever go back to DC, I know where I need to go!

• Stayed: August 2013