1,460 results
All reviewswhite housefarragut west metro stoppurified watercafe soleilclub livinggreat locationrooms are smallmetro stationfloor loungetwo blocksfridge and microwaveliving roombusiness travelercoffee machinebusiness centerwalking distancestreet noise
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Nice place to stay. very economical with free WiFi in the room and drinking water facility. I was so close to many of the great attractions, the White House was one block away and a few blocks down from that was the Mall with all the Smithsonian Museums, Washington monument, National Museums. Dupont Circle, with its fun restaurants and bars, was about a 10-15 walk in the other direction..Excellent restaurant. .There was a bar and restaurant next to the lobby that was very convenient and there was a metro train stop on the corner The staff were warm, welcoming, friendly and helpful. The room was clean and properly maintained. Spent 7 days at this place. Really enjoyed my stay at Club Quarters.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Manish K
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We really enjoyed our recent stay at Club Quarters in the Golden Triangle area of DC. The neighborhood runs from the White House to Dupont Circle and from K Street to Connecticut Avenue. We were so close to many of the great attractions, the White House was one block away and a few blocks down from that was the Mall with all the Smithsonian Museums and National Archives. Dupont Circle, with its fun restaurants and bars, was about a 10-15 walk in the other direction. The hotel itself was great; there were so many amenities, such as free WiFi in the room. There was a space called the Living Room that offered 24 hour coffee, tea and fruit. In the morning there were fruit bars and in the afternoon there were snacks. If asked, for no extra fee, they would bring a spinning bike, stepper or yoga mat to your room; you could also borrow an iPad. The Living Room also had a place to charge cell phones, read newspapers, watch TV and meet. There was an exercise room with treadmills. Every floor had plastic bottles that could be filled with cold water. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was a bar and restaurant next to the lobby that was very convenient and there was a metro train stop on the corner.

Room Tip: At check in, we asked for a room with two beds and were given it with no problem.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jenniferwilliams7
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Just spent 3 days at this smaller boutique type business hotel. It is 2 blocks from The White House, and surrounded by restaurants, stores like CVS + & eleven, and a dance club 1/2 a block away if you like that sort of thing. Checked in @ 10:30pm after a 3 hour Amtrak ride. Check in was so fast, we were in our room within 5 minutes. The desk staff were warm, welcoming and friendly, and advised us where we should go to eat/hang out, and even knew the hours of the different places. Well done! We ended up ordering a cocktail at the Cafe in the restaurant while we waited for a pizza to be delivered. The room: Room 606. Corner room, with front view of 17th , side window was view of Farragut Square. No traffic noise at all. 1 queen bed with lovely linens and great large pillows. Sleeper sofa was a comfortable as one could be, so could have been worse. Large workstation table with a row of 6 electrical outlets right on top for ease of use.Huge flat screen tv in the work/sleeper sofa area, and a smaller one over the queen bed. The room was spotless. Bathroom was quite nice. Granite counter, large mirrors and magnifier mirror, blow drier, and soft towels.Shower was large, step in tile type. No bathtub, but I don't take baths, so it was great for me. Small fridge, coffee maker and glasses (not plastic cups), and coffee mugs were a nice touch. Each floor has a purified water dispenser, with bottle stacked neatly above. We walked 8-10 miles each day, so this was really convenient for us to start out with fresh cold bottled water. The Club Living room on he second floor was fantastic! Fresh coffee, espresso, caffe latte, 24/7. Newspapers, comfortable tables + chairs. They have a desktop computer for those who haven't brought their own, free of charge to use in the Club Living Room. Although we were 1 block from the metro station ( the one under the building is closed on weekends), we walked everywhere from this location. I can't say enough about the staff. Always a good morning, good evening , how are you, and a smile. In a nutshell, the rooms are close quarters, but nicely done, The staff tremendously helpful and kind. We had made plans to stay in Arlington on Veterans Day weekend this year, but I will now be staying at Club Quarters D.C. due to this lovely experience.

Room Tip: 606 was great. 2 windows face 17th, side window faces Farragut Square. No traffic noise could be heard. Very sunny and pleasant.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Trxzee
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I spent a lot of time looking for a place to take my daughter to DC and settled on Club Quarters after exhaustive research. Will make it quick with the positives and negatives:

- Check in was very pleasant and efficient, probably took about 30 seconds on a Sunday evening.
- Parking is $20 a day at a offsite location that is a 1 minute walk from the hotel in secure location with good staff. (make sure to validate) This compared very favorably to most other locations with ridiculous parking add on charges.
- Room was clean for the most part and well laid out with the amount of room allocated.
- a block and a half to white house (no tours due to sequester...)
- Orange line of subway is steps away from entrance to hotel to get you to all various locations quickly and safely.
- 7-11 close by for any thing you may need but forgot.
- don't discount the cold filtered water offered on every floor, especially in summer when temps were high.
- Free Wifi, another add on at most locations
- House Keeping had everything done after we left and before we returned.
- Water Pressure was fantastic after a long day of sightseeing.

Negatives:

- Not really a negative, but rooms are smaller than normal but they do not claim otherwise. If you are there for sleeping after sightseeing, who cares.
- Room was a little dusty and was never wiped down from what i could see. (specifically the work area)
- some ceiling tiles in bathroom could be replaced (minimal discoloration)
- Tile in bathrooms starting to show some age.
- Much of the dining options close after daily workers go home for the day.
- Room noise just a tad loud from the 5th floor, but not unbearable.

Overall, i would not hesitate to stay here again. The proximity to the White house and the metro make this a no brainer. Staff is great, parking is reasonable, free wifi, reasonable rates and location, location, location. Will definitely stay here on my next visit.
Thanks for making my daughters first trip to DC a memorable one.

Room Tip: The higher the better just due to noise. All rooms have black out curtains but the noise comes through...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I arrived at Club Quarters on a Sunday minus my missing luggage. I had an injured foot and badly needed bandages and other items to care for a wound. After walking blocks and blocks around DC looking for an open drugstore, I returned to the hotel to inquire if the staff knew of a drugstore that was open on a Sunday night. I was clearly in pain and my foot was bleeding. Behailu at the front desk took one look at me and my foot and insisted on going to an all-night drugstore for me to pick up the items I needed. I was deeply touched by his kindness and compassion for a fellow human being. Behailu is truly a lovely person.

I stay at this location of Club Quarters frequently and I have to say that all of their employees are great people, especially Behailu, Kiuana, Rany, Tseday, Carl, and Carlos. These wonderful people treat their guests like family. I feel so at home whenever I stay there. Club Quarters is lucky to have such wonderful employees!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business