“Comfortable and inexpensive, for where it is”

Club Quarters Hotel in Washington, D.C.
Ranked #96 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel. I got there around dinner time, and the reception clerk on -duty at that time was extremely nice and helpful. The subsequent days, I had mixed experiences. The hotel is a little bit dated, maybe in need of a carpet replacement, but it's hard to beat the location/price ratio.
I also like the "customer request closets' on every floor, and LOVE the fact that they have an espresso machine! Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,245)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We booked 2 rooms for a 4 night stay in the Capital. The location was great and the price even better! Yes, the rooms are on the small side and the view from them not that great (our rooms had direct views on offices in the building next door), but who cares? We were visiting the city! The hotel is close enough to the White House that we could walk to it! The Metro is around the corner so when we got to tired to walk, we used it. We found both rooms to be very clean, the beds were very comfortable, the wifi worked well, and we got clean towels every day. Plus, the customer service was excellent. What more could we ask for? Well, parking can be an issue. Fortunately I had read some reviews ahead of time so I was ready for it. I ended up finding a Parking just around the corner (I believe in was on H Street) for what I believe was a fair price (with the promise of not going in and out with the car).
I cannot comment on the restaurant as we did not eat there.
Overall, my family and I were very pleased with this hotel and would go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lyne G
Reviewed 14 August 2014

After a great experience in Club Quarters Lincoln's Inn Fields in London, we thought we would become a regular... until we reached CQ Washington. The bed is bad! The towels were dirty! These are killers for any hotel in the world. Breakfast is just awful, the rooms are pretty small and the cost-benefit relation is not good at all. The great facilities provided by CQ standard cannot jeopardize the poor quality of the Washington branch. Disappointing...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

For the price, and given the great location, this is a decent hotel. Rooms are small and you will hear sirens all night long, but it is clean and serviceable. Customer service was great, too. We ate in the restaurant, and had excellent meals...try the calamari! Parking, as others have pointed out, is not at all convenient. I ended up parking in a different lot, and payed a few dollars less per day (but with no in/out privileges). The subway is right under the hotel, and that makes it very convenient for getting around DC. Restaurants in the area are scarce, we found, except for daytime takeout places and a McDonalds up the street.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Recon905
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The stay would have been perfect except for the parking. It was not located on-site, you had to walk 2.5 blocks to get to the garage. You also must get your parking ticket validated at the hotel, something we forgot about. So, after waiting in line for 30 minutes just to pay for the parking (there were only about 6 people in front of us), we then had to go back to the hotel, then come back to the parking garage and wait another 20 minutes. They WILL NOT accept your check-out statement as proof and there is no automated machine, as you have to give your keys to the attendant. All-in-all, it took us over an hour to get the car, not at all helped by the fact that the attendant working at the garage took ridiculously long to process each person. He was an older man, and a younger person could have done his job in about 1/3 of the time (no lie.). Club Quarters, please find a new system for parking. This one is very inconvenient and time-consuming. If not for the lengthy process just to get the car, the stay would have been perfect!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank kelsabanana
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Whenever I travel to DC for work I like to stay at Club Quarters. Others I work with prefer the larger hotels but I like the coziness of the place. Service is quite good, and the rooms are very comfortable. Not huge but I'm always there alone and it works for me. I like the automated check in and check out, too. Very close to our office, and right above the metro station. Also very close to the White House and the Mall. Excellent value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank raizen
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is showing its age but it's fine. We had a couple of problems: The AC did not work the first night and the room was very stuffy and the bathroom light would go out randomly. The next day they fixed both problems. The location can't be beat though, you're right behind the White House and a short walk from most museums and monuments. However, I would not stay here again since we didn't get any sleep at all. The noise outside is unbelievable. I can sleep through most anything but the non-stop sirens, the night club across the street, the loud drunks walking around, all make for a very loud environment. It's too bad, we loved the location.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family