“Delicious Change of Pace in DC”
Review of Nobu DC

Nobu DC
Reserve with OpenTable
Nobu DC is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #706 of 3,706 Restaurants in Washington DC
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Nobu is a relatively new restaurant in DC but many of you have probably visited other Nobu restaurants in other major areas - Malibu, Miami, Dallas, etc. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is perfect for families, business or couples. We had the chicken teriyaki, and a salmon dish. The salmon was probably the most perfectly prepared that we have ever tasted, and the chicken was a grilled half of a small chicken-almost Cornish hen size, but sliced with a mild teriyaki sauce served with rice. The menu also has many tapas selections, and a sushi menu. It was a fun experience in DC and had a very "up town" feel without being stuffy. It has a clean Japanese style of décor. Not sure if the menu had selections that would be appealing to young guests - but for families with older children (ages 10 up), it will be enjoyable. It is located in the Georgetown area in a very nice neighborhood. Reservations would be a good idea - we walked in without reservations, and they seated us at a nice table in the bar area which was just perfect. Happy we tried it, and will go to Nobu again whenever possible.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful night for dinner out on the patio. Our waitress and other staff were attentive. We followed the recommendations of our waitress to customize our menu and were pleased with everything. Exceptional!

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Am I the only one that sings the lyrics to the Future and Drake song every time I think of Nobu?! ...LoL Ok I made reservations for a Monday evening for 6:15 but I was running late as usual. I called in advanced and asked if my reservation could be held or pushed back to a later time. The hostess was very nice and accommodating. I was able to move my reservation back an hour. I thought for sure I had lost our table as this place is always booked and the only night available 2 weeks in advance was a Monday.

Upon entering I was very disappointed. The ambiance and decor was way off. As I've visited other locations and I just was not that impressed. We decided to choose our own dishes instead of going with the chefs tasting menu. I'm a picky eater and my food/diet is one area that I have to have total control of. Our waiter was fantastic but our food was mediocre. We ordered about 9 dishes and also ordered desert. For $400+ for dinner I expected a much better experience. The drinks (25th & M), the seafood ceviche, and desert were probably the only things that I truly enjoyed.

I would return for drinks/apps at the bar but the dining experience just didn't cut it for me.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

The place is nice! The service is ok taking into consideration the pice. The food is ok- some are very good such as tempura lobster others such as tuna scallops appetizer is just simple dish for $15
It is not a place i will go back nor recommend—- it is excellent and exceptional ON THE PRICE

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Underwood fish. Very dangerous , fish smell was bad as in rotten , went with two Chinese diplomats who stated the meal was not fit to eat they had the same experience in San Francisco the food is SIMPLY NOT FRESH