“Interesting”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$73.75*
and up
Washington DC Super Saver: Hop-on Hop-off Trolley and Monuments by Moonlight...
More Info
US$49.00*
and up
Washington DC After Dark Wonder Tour
Ranked #123 of 454 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: D.C.'s largest private art museum has impressive collections of both American and European art.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I enjoyed it, in particular the past exhibit by Alex Prager, Face in the Crowd.
I loved it!
It's a nice gallery but it depends on the exhibitions, I wouldn't go only to visit the collection.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

$10 entry is OK for a private gallery, but when the National Portrait Gallery/American Museum of Art is free (part of Smithsonian), I'd go there first. Biggest letdown was hardly any info on the art - generally, just the name/nationality of the artist. Still learning art history, so I've always appreciated more info about pieces and most galleries seem to give you that.

A few pieces from some "masters" and some funky modern/contemporary art.

I'd place this behind the Phillips Collection, too.

1  Thank jnenc
Reviewed 18 April 2014

There is a $10 entrance fee but the art is well worth seeing my only bug bear (as a Londoner and regular visitor to the Tate modern) is that one of my favourite pieces of art- a version of No 14 by Mark Rothko- is displayed in a lit room on a smaller scale, not how it should be displayed! The museum as a whole has wonderful art that varies from modern to contemporary, paintings, photos and sculptures

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Recently traveled to the TheArc venue of the Corcoran Art Gallery to attend the Question Bridge: Black Males Tour. I was surprised, but pleased, to learn of the location across the Anacostia River. It's set in a quaint building also served by the Boys and Girls Club, Levine School of Music and many other community-based organizations. The day we visited, we heard children practicing their instruments and watched as children practiced ballet. It's a great venue that seems to get a lot of use. Kudos for the Corcoran joining to bring art to this side of the river.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Wow, was I glad I decided to pay and see this museum! They had so many great pieces of art by many famous artists! Remington, Monet, Renoir, Cassatt, loved them all! The museum was quiet, quaint, and they even allowed you to take pictures! I will be back!