“Cool bartender.”
Review of Finn McCool’s

Finn McCool’s
Ranked #1,954 of 3,525 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Description: Private Events, Sports Viewing, Draft Beer, Irish Menu, and more - Finn's is the place for a gathering. A Capitol Hill saloon - we like to think it's the nicest Irish Pub in DC. Our American Oak interior, two story skylights, and bars on two levels, along with a patio right on Barrack's Row, makes us a favorite amongst our troops, neighborhood locals, and staffers on The Hill. We love all sports. It's open for most Premier and other major football games, as well as NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and college games (all in HD). Well known for is our beer and food, we offer many options for draft beer (imported and local) on three separate rigs, a selection of gastro pub fresh food with an Irish twist, and a Brunch menu that makes hanging out on a weekend easy.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Friendly bartender. He had a glass of ice and cold coke in front of me before I sat down. Mind reader.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

I have never experienced such rude customer service at any place I have ever been at. I found the two individuals working- Pedro and Marcel (supposed to be a supervisor?)- condescending and rude. I was overcharged for my drinks (they added two more drinks on my bill then what I had to drink) and when I called them on it, they acted like I was the problem. Even telling me "Ok old lady, whatever." (I am 33). My colleagues and I were only out to enjoy a happy hour after a long day in the office, and were in a great mood until the bill came and after pointing out the overcharge we were then treated like crap. None of us will ever go back here. It's a dark place- drinks were just typical- and the $5.00 drink specials are not worth putting up with the staff for.

James V, Public Relations Manager at Finn McCool’s, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Hi A_Angell13! We are truly sorry about your experience at Finn McCool's. This is certainly not the way we intend to do business. Your feedback will be brought into discussion with the management. Rest assure, we will address this incident with proper due diligence and corrective action will take place. This must never happen again. Sincerely - James V

Reviewed 24 March 2018

While in DC on a semi-vacation last summer and were walking down Eighth Street on our way to attend the Evening Parade at the Marine Barracks, we decided to stop here for dinner ... glad we did. Fabulous waiter (sorry I can't remember his name), wonderful food, great service, nice ambiance, etc., etc.

When in the area, I would enjoy eating here again.

cabearcat, thank you so much for your awesome review! We hope to see you with us again soon.