“Rotunda being Remodeled”

US$89.00*
Deluxe Half Day Tour of DC with Reserved US Capitol Entry
US$125.00*
and up
Viator VIP: Best of DC Including US Capitol and National Archives Reserved...
US$135.00*
Congressional Tour of US Capitol and Major Monuments via Mini Coach
Ranked #21 of 450 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Capitol is among the most architecturally impressive and symbolically important buildings in the world. The Senate and the House of Representatives have met here for more than two centuries. Begun in 1793, the Capitol has been built, burnt, rebuilt, extended, and restored; today, it stands as a monument not only to its builders but also to the American people and their government.
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Went to tour the Capitol, but the Rotunda is being remodeled and the tour is all out of sorts. Introductory film is ok, but the tour is just not the same without being able to go through the chambers and such.

2  Thank KurleyHT
There are newer reviews for U.S. Capitol

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This tour was fantastic. They give you headphones to wear so that the tour guides don't have to try to talk over each other. Our tour guide was great. She told us lots of fun facts as we went through the different rooms. The kids stayed engaged the whole time. They enjoyed being able to ask and answer questions as we went along. I would definitely do this tour again, but next time I would skip eating at the cafeteria. It was extremely crowded.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Set up a tour with our congresswoman's office. Was very impressed by the intern that lead us around and amazed at how much he knew about history and the on goings of those at the capitol. Loved seeing congress and the beautiful rotund. Amazing how many things have happened in that building.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I booked my tour to the Capitol about 3 months in advance and was looking forward to the 13 min video and a 45 minute guided tour.

On arrival I was informed the done was closed for renovation but not that the guided tour would be cancelled. I watched the 13 minute video which was good however after that I was directed into a lane and told to walk around and follow the path. 10 mins later I was at the tunnel for the library of congress. I was slightly confused as I was anticipating more. I was disappointed as I was really looking forward for the guided tour. But the building is beautiful and so is the history.

1  Thank TravelsOA5ftOner
Reviewed 23 April 2014

With the Capitol Dome restoration underway, it was practically pointless to visit the interior. After the orientation video (which was decent), you are impatiently herded up some stairs, through two rooms of minimal consequence, and back down stairs. Staff seemed rude and made it their mission to push through as many people as quickly as possible.
Honestly, by the time our "tour" was over, most people in our group thought there was some sort of mistake. Sadly, we were told that was it.
So until the full-length, full-access tours are back up and running, I would spend my time elsewhere.

6  Thank kjeldgaasj20