“Our Favorite monument. ”

Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial
Book In Advance
More Info
US$45.00*
and up
DC After Dark
Ranked #19 of 478 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: This outdoor memorial is the most popular of presidential memorials, in large part because of its elegant design, which includes waterfalls and sculptures.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We thought our dog would love the walk along the National Mall. Our favorite monument and his was the FDR. The water features were soothing, the quotes inspiring and the tribute to his dog, Fala was a surprise we all loved. Take a break along the water and just enjoy the view.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,329)
All reviews
in 554 reviews
"eleanor"
in 302 reviews

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Despite FDR's specific wish (which was long ago satisfied: see the REAL FDR Memorial, on Pennsylvania Avenue at the National Archives), some goof-off "genius" with too much money to burn decided FDR needed a Water Park with statues and quotations. ICK all around.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

As a volunteer with the National Park Service I know how much hidden symbolism there is n this memorial. Take a free tour. See it at night. It is especially lovely then. If the waterfalls or drinking fountains are networking, as usual, sprite your Congressmen to tell them to "get on the stick."

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This monument was a suprise to me as I have been to Washington many times and did not take the time to see it. I loved it! The way it was designed was fantastic and the quotes etched in to the walls were as approprate today as they were so many years ago. The water mixed in was beautiful and it made me want to learn even more about that era. When I go back I will absolutely see it again.