“Beautiful!!!!!!!! Kansas City Girl.........”

United States Botanic Garden
Ranked #24 of 450 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A truly green spectacle, with a jungle, a National Garden with a First Ladies water garden, a rose garden and exhibits on ecology and evolutionary biology.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Had such a great day visiting the gardens. It was amazing and something to see. I loved all the different areas and plants and smells..... Wow........ Would see again!!!!!! My sister and I had such a great time taking great photos....

There are newer reviews for United States Botanic Garden

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I must have been a bee in my last life so temper my enthusiasm based upon how much you think you had the same history...but, as a former bee, i LOVED this place. Beautiful flowers any one of which i could sit in front of for a day marveling at their amazingness. I took about 300 pictures and hardly a bad one. And it was all free as it should be! ;-)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I work only three blocks from the Botanic Garden. The summer gardens are beautiful, and their windturbines prove that such utilitarian objects can be beautiful.
I espectially enjoy the orchid show, but no matter the time of year, there's always something in bloom in the greenhouses -- just enough to lift my spirits even in winter!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I love visiting the Botanic Garden! No matter what flowers are on display, they are picture perfect! I love walking around and taking pictures. This is a great location to get lost in and just enjoy. There are less people at the Garden than compared to the museums. I do not remember passing any steps, but I know for sure this is an easily accessible facility. The walk ways are large enough to navigate with limited issues. They also announce free tours, but I have not participated in one yet. I highly recommend the Botanic Garden no matter what time of year, but keep in mind the outside gardens are limited by season.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

A botanic garden in US sounds a vast place at the beginning but it was a small place as a botanical garden and not very well planned as expected. But the quality was very good and we enjoyed it very much. A place to be visited when in DC.