W Washington D.C.
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$357
US$286
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$371
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$395
US$330
  • Breakfast included
Sofitel Washington DC(Washington DC)
US$437
Official Website
US$347
US$321
  • Pool
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$457
US$424
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$440
US$385
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$492
US$196
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
2,437 results
All reviewsrooftop bartreasury buildingbliss spawhite housepov barbliss productsfrosted glassamazing locationrooms are smallliving roomnational mallsmithsonian museumsfew blocksmarlonlobbyspghip
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Literally cannot describe how much I loved this hotel! Firstly it was in a great location, right in the centre of everything and just a short walk away from most of the major sights, we had a lovely view of the treasury from our window!
The room was amazing, lovely and big compared to many other hotels I have stayed in. I travelled with my mum and we had a twin room, and were so surprised when we got two double beds! The beds were also lovely and comfortable. The décor of the rooms was modern and tasteful and the whole hotel had a really funky feel to it without being too over the top or making you feel out of place. People have written about the noise but we didn't have a problem with it at all.
We had breakfast in the downstairs restaurant after they offered us a free breakfast if we didn't have our room cleaned while we stayed - to be more environmentally friendly (if this is still an offer that is going on I would fully recommend it, as if you are only there for a few days like we were you probably wont really need the room cleaning anyway...) We loved it so much we went there for breakfast every morning of our trip, the selection was incredible and everything was delicious. A bit pricey but for a holiday treat it wasn't too bad.
The staff were really friendly and helpful, we asked for a taxi to the airport and before we knew it a man had appeared and was carrying our case to the taxi that already knew where we were going!
All in all a brilliant hotel in a great location, will definitely stay again if I return to DC and would recommend to anyone visiting!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank topiwopi
Cody_Insider, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Hello Topiwopi!

I am excited to hear that you enjoyed your time with us here at the W Washington, DC!

Don't you just love how convenient everything is to the W? Within minutes you are in some of the top tourist locations! I hope you had a chance to make it down to the Lincoln Memorial; it's one of my favorite places to visit in DC.

J&G Steakhouse has some of the very best food around and the breakfast is not to be missed. The French toast is out of this world! Glad you were able to take advantage of our Make It Green Choice! It's a great way to go green, and I bet you don't wash your sheets everyday at home either, so why not opt for that!

We look forward to welcoming you back to W DC very soon!

All the best & safe travels,

Cody
W Insider

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Great location, modern, clean, friendly staff and great view from the bar

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This hotel has a great location (walking distance to the Washington and Lincoln Memorials and the White House. The regular rooms were too small for me (around 200 square feet) so I paid for an upgrade to a suite. The suite had a great view of the National Mall but was still on the small size as suites go. The decor is modern and funky but the hallways were dark and reminded me of a bordello. Room service trays tended to sit in the hallways for longer than they should have.The beds were very comfortable.The POV rooftop lounge was nice and had amazing views of the White House. The gym is located in the basement but as bigger than most hotel gyms and had free weights, Technogym elipticals and stair masters as well as a boxing bag and free ear phones. The room service was on time and the food was very good. The front desk service was wonderful and although I paid for my upgrade the woman that checked me in gave me a reduced rate (which is a good thing because for the size of the rooms the full price of a suite would definitely not have been worth it). We ate at J & G Steakhouse in the first floor of the hotel. The room was beautiful and while the food was not bad the steak lacked flavor, especially for the price. The service from the bellman, to the front desk personnel to the room service staff helped make me like this hotel more despite the tiny sizes of the rooms. The Acura car service was a nice feature.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Susan R
Reviewed 25 February 2012

The W Washington DC has the best location! The bar has amazing views that will get you feeling patriotic. My only issue was that the room was super small. It felt almost like a super stylish dorm room. Despite this, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I stayed at the W for a few nights in January and loved it.

Location: I liked the location. Typically I have stayed in the Dupont Circle area because it is a bit more lively at night. I was initially worried about the W because its location is known to be a little sleepier at night (especially since it is surrounded by office buildings). However, I found the location to be perfectly fine. It is true that the vibrancy of Dupont Circle isn't there, but I think that the view from the POV bar is a nice feature found in few other Washington-area hotels.

Service: Very good service all around.

Rooms: Some may consider the Wonderful room a bit small, but it was perfectly fine for me. I was only there to sleep really and I wasn't there to lounge around. If I wanted to get some more space, the lobby "Living Room" was a great place to relax. It is true that there is little natural light in the Wonderful rooms because they face the interior of the building, but once again, this was not a big deal for me. The bathroom was great. The shower is plenty large, white and bright. The sink area provides plenty of counter space.

Hotel features: The decor is modern and very well done in the lobby. Having a spa in-house was also a pleasant feature. I had one breakfast in the hotel restaurant and it was quite good.

Extras: I loved the Acura car service that was provided by the hotel and I used it a few times during my visit.

Room Tip: The Wonderful rooms are interior rooms so pick one of the other categories of room if you'd like a street view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business