“Seriously?????”
Review of W Washington D.C.

W Washington D.C.
Ranked #58 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I made a booking more than two months in advance for a single room with a queen sized bed and I end up in a double room for handicaps with a dirty wall with closed windows and no view? I have been a very loyal customer of W hotel and I am devastated with this reception. I'm writing this review from the hotel room at this moment and I am furious about this!

Never again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Hosam A
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Welcome Hosam A! Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm so sorry for the less than perfect stay at the W Washington DC. Our intention is create an easy and relaxing experience for our guests, and to learn that this was not the case for you disappoints us. Please contact the General Manager at GMEdBaten@whotels.com and we'd like to discuss your experience in more detail. Guest satisfaction is a priority for us, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Executive Assistant

Write a ReviewReviews (2,354)

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I was at the rooftop bar on thursday july, 12th, night, i asked for an alcoholic beverage so the bartender asked for my id. I have a french passport which means the day comes first, then the month, which means i wasnt born in october but in february, so I am 21. None of the three bartenders on duty was able to deduct that, or even believe me. i had to show them my friend's id, who was born on a 17th to prove them i was saying the truth. I understand they need to give a responsible service but this is a basic knowledge when you host international guests. Worst part was : no one apologized to me.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank caroleandria

Dear Caroleandria,
Thank you for taking the time to share your concern. I'm truly sorry for the encounter you experienced at POV. I can assure you that our talent is accustomed to entertaining guests from around the world. The issue you touched upon will be discussed and reiterated to all of the talent by our management team. If you have additional concerns or any questions, we welcome the chance to speak to you in detail at GMEdBaten@whotels.com.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, rooms are very modern and clean and a VERY comfy bed :-) great view from rooftop bar however don't expect a seat as tables are always reserved which is annoying when you are a hotel guest and can't sit down! No tea/coffee facilities in the room, you can request a coffee maker which we did but never got delivered. There is also no mirror in bedroom?!?! Concierge desk very helpful and the free taxi service is great too. Also a good location close to mall and other site seeing areas.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Welcome Lorpats! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm delighted that you took advantage of the gorgeous view at POV. I'm so sorry that your request was not met. I assure you that this is not a normalcy for the hotel and that guest requests are a priority. Please contact the General Manager at GMEdBaten@whotels.com with additional concerns or questions, and we would be happy to work towards alleviating any uneasiness.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

You can't tell a book by its cover and apparently you can't tell much about a hotel by its outside appearance. As I approached the W Hotel in a taxi, I saw a stately old building with a sign that announced it was "The Hotel Washington." Once inside the lobby, however, it was clear that this was not your grandma's hotel.

Originally built in 1918 (before women had the right to vote!), it is steps from the White House and well located to walk to many popular attractions. In fact, the wonderful rooftop terrace has a lively bar with a view of our President's stately home. You can sip a Mojito and hope to get a glimpse of the incumbent himself, or at the very least the Secret Service guys on the roof.

The lobby is a beautiful mix of classical and wacky.Chandeliers with personality look down on the chic guests who lounge on the amusing furniture.

Our room was small with an inside view, again redesigned to be modern. I'm sure that rooms with more natural light would have been nicer, but we were there only at night so I guess it was good. :-)

Lighting is used everywhere to create an interesting mood. When we returned one evening after dinner, the bright lobby with golden chandeliers had turned dark with glowing blue lights everywhere. Nice atmosphere.

I can't say anything about the food or service since we didn't experience these. But overall, I had a fine experience. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the hotel was definitely fun!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cravatteverte
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Welcome cravatteverte! Thank you for sharing your lovely photos with us! We appreciate the time you spent capturing the architecture and ambiance of the hotel, and allowing others to discover the "W" experience. If your travels bring you back to Washington D.C., or if you have concerns and questions, please do not hesitate to contact the General Manager at GMEdBaten@whotels.com.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Hotel lives up to all the previous reviews. Stayed there 5/18 &19. Convenient to the Mall, memorials and obviously the White House. Service and friendly staff are both great. Views from the top are great especially at night. The lines are long at night to get to the bar at the top, but worth it We were with a private party so no wait.
Price is the price, in the range of the good service and convenient 4 & 5 star hotels.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rj64
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I agree with past posts. This is not a hotel for people underthe age of 21. The location of the W is excellent. The hotel turns into a fun club atmosphere at night.The lobby has music and bar for those waiting to go up to the trendy roof top bar and dance club.

We stayed at the W for one night with daughters ages 16 and 20 (just three months shy of taking part in the scene) The room was small but used every inch of space in a creative way.The room was really quiet and the beds comfortable.The girls thought the hotel was way cool and fun.
Our review of the roof top (brunch) rip off will be reviewed under PROV review. Really Poor on all fronts. orange juice $7 ,cup of hot water with tea bag $6.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank topsailluv
Reviewed 11 July 2012

this hotel was very nice. Clean lobby and rooms. Nice view, we were able to see the white house and Washington monument. Very close to nice restaurants. We took the old trolley tour and one of the stops was right behind the hotel. The bar on the rooftop was very nice. Great stay!

• Stayed: June 2012