“Great Hotel at Great Location”
Review of W Washington D.C.

W Washington D.C.
Ranked #58 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 23 April 2014

its 5min walk from the White House and from the rooftop terrace, you can see it and the Washington Memorial. A very nice blend from the "old style" hotel with a modern W architecture, specially the lobby. For once, the hotel had a European style Breakfast buffet with a very good selection. not to much but very delicious and nicely presented

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Olivier_ServatGM, General Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for such a great review. W DC is in the best location in DC and our design is something that W hotels are famous for. We look forward to having you back in the future.

OlIvier Servat

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I just recently returned from DC and loved the W.. As usual it delivered on all the expected stuff things like hip décor and the rooftop bar and terrace, but the location was the best choice ever.

The room itself was small and I was in a premium room facing the Department of Treasury and White House. I initially called to be moved because the street noise was a little loud and was told all the other rooms have no windows and I would loose my view. So, we stayed and adjusted to the street noise.

The location places you near everything, you will not need a car, we used Uber and rented bikes from Bikeshare located everywhere. Also, had a great happy hour at MXDC around the corner and The Hamilton for dinner.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. Fashion, music, and design are the core values for W. We continue to be innovated in our approach to service and delivering the unexpected. We are look forward to having you in the future and please ensure that you connect with Zineb, our W Insider, for what is new/next in Washington.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Our room was small but nicely decorated. The walls are so thin I could hear the people next door talking and their phone ringing. I could here people in the hallways. The hotel could use some serious sound proofing. The hotel is nicely located close to white house and less than 10 min walk to Verizon center. The lobby is nice and the rooftop bar was a disappointment.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Autumn M
Olivier_ServatGM, General Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback. At W, we take our guest feedback very seriously and any concerns are addressed immediately. Our POV rooftop lounge is famous in Washington, so I'm concerned that you found your experience disappointing here. If there is anything you can expand upon about this experience, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. The team strives to provide exceptional service to all of our guests so your feedback will help us focus on areas that may need reenergizing.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We travel extensively and I always love staying at Starwood properties however the W is always a great experience. This property took an existing landmark and made it over in the W style, classic architecture blended with cutting edge style.

Reception was great service staff attentive and our suite was very nice. Comfort and style with a. Great view over the mall and the monuments. The location could not be better for business or entertainment. I only wish we had more time to spend here but we will be back.

Room Tip: Higher is better
1  Thank Charles V

Thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent review. W prides itself in delivering exceptional survice and using cutting edge design. The views at W Washington DC are famous and our location gives our guests easy access to everything in Washington. We look forward to having you again in the future and if there is anything additional I can do to assist then please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at the W for a couple nights for business and received the type of service and attention I expect at a W. The front desk staff were all friendly and courteous. The doormen were nice and seemed to be attentive to the needs of guests. The room was small, but I've come to expect that at all W Hotels. The room didn't have a view unfortunately, but like all properties that is an upgrade. I didn't have any staff going above and beyond to make my trip extraordinary, but I did receive an hour late checkout which helped me out and I appreciate that from a loyalty point of view. I hope to be back in DC soon and again I will look for the same standard of service and attnetion that I received this time, on ly on my next visit maybe I will be "wowed" by something "fabulous" and "wonderful"! Thanks W Washington DC!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. W prides itself in our service delivery and is also the reason we set our service levels so high, "Whatever/Whenever." I am glad that you enjoyed your experience, but when your travels bring you back in the future I would like to help deliver the "WOW" moment that you are looking for. Please reach out to me directly to give me a heads up that you will be returning.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

After trying for years, I was finally able to get the government rate and had high expectations for the W. Starting with check-in, the service was excellent. We were upgraded to an amazing corner suite overlooking the Washington monument. I could have sat in the window all day enjoying the view! The bed was so comfortable, and the bathroom was spacious and modern, with both shower and bathtub. There were great options for the SPG breakfast and we had a great meal. All in all, the W met my expectations in every way and we felt incredibly chic during our stay!

Room Tip: The suite was spacious and amazing!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Olivier_ServatGM, General Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Being in Washington, we are always very excited to host Government employees, so thank you for your business. The views in your suite are exceptional and this is something the W is famous for, but even more so we are known for our superior service. I am very proud that the team delivered you a memorable experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to assist.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Directly across the street from the White House tour and Washington Monument, you can't get a better location! We stayed here on SPG points, and as platinum members we used some "suite night rewards" to upgrade to a suite. Our room was spacious, offered a great view and was decorated in the typical W style. The room was definitely needing to have the carpet replaced, and a few furniture items due to wear and tear: but I will give the hotel credit for acknowledging that in a letter delivered directly to our door. Our location on the 5th floor was perfect, far away from the noise of the rooftop and lobby music. Yes, this is a trendy hotel and there are lots of people and loud music on Friday and Saturday nights... but we did not hear anything in our room. The staff were very good at making sure that hotel visitors were given priority on the elevators, and we actually quite enjoyed the people watching even though we are much older than the party crowd!
We had breakfast every morning in JG restaurant and it was delicious and the wait staff very good. Definitely recommend the French toast. We also enjoyed going up to POV for drinks on a couple of occasions and the view cannot be beat. Ivan was an excellent bartender! Overall the staff were excellent, always pleasant and wanting to be helpful.
I would recommend this hotel to my friends, but would like to see some room upgrades before giving it a higher score.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about your W experience. The team strives very hard to execute brilliantly and deliver exceptional service to our guests. I will be sure to put them, especially Ivan, in the spotlight and celebrate their success. We look forward to welcoming you back and if there is ever anything I can do to assist, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.