W Washington D.C.
Hotels.com
US$311
US$274
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$263
Official Website
US$237
US$194
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$228
US$194
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$193
US$165
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
Travelocity
2,415 results
All reviewsrooftop bartreasury buildingbliss spawhite housepov barbliss productsfrosted glassamazing locationrooms are smallliving roomnational mallsmithsonian museumsfew blocksmarlonlobbyspghip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

From the moment I stopped with my car in front of the hotel I was greeted with a big welcoming smile! The front desk was amazing and super friendly! The rooms are beautiful and clean! Everytime we left the room we would be greeted with a smile! The good in the restaurant was just perfect! It was right before New Years so it was busy with people and very Nicky decorated! I can not wait to visit again. The location is close to everything you want and need. The White House it right next to it. I can not wait to go back it's a must stay in hotel!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The W rooftop bar is expensive for drinks and we sat for 20 minutes and no one came to take our order. I guess we actually went for the view which is great, but don't expect much more quality than that.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank uglychicano
Olivier_ServatGM, General Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your experience was less than exceptional. I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate leaders at the hotel to improve this immediately. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Would not recommend for business travel. I had the "wonderful" room and it was really not all that wonderful. It was clean, but really very small. There wasn't even a full bathroom (the sink area is actually in the room). The desk area is very very small, not at all good for working for any length of time. The beds are very comfortable. Aside from the general "W" styling of the hotel which is what you would expect from a W, my only complaint is the size of the room. The rooftop bar is very cool -- be sure to make a reservation. Great views of Washington.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt K

Thank you for review of your experience. I apologize that your room was not up to your expectations. In the future I suggest reserving a Fabulous King room or above. The team strives to deliver personalized service to all of our guests, both business guests or ones on leisure. The next time your travels brings you back to Washington, please reach out to me directly so that I can oversee your experience personally.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed at The W for a work related meeting. The hotel is now decorated in an ultra-modern theme. They seem to only cater to the 20-something crowd. I heard several in our group make the same comment. Over all it was a pleasant stay. We just felt it was a bit pricey considering the pros/cons.

PROS:
Great location – across from the White House and close to the Washington Mall
Elevators are very small but quick.
Bed was very comfy.
Coffee is available each morning in the lobby (in room coffee makers are available upon request I believe).
DVD player in room
Room service: Timely and the food was very good. We used Room Service one morning for breakfast since the hotel restaurant didn’t open until 8:00 AM on weekends, and we had a meeting to attend. We later discovered a great little coffee shop that serves breakfast and lunch on the next block. The hotel didn’t bother to tell us about it.
Complimentary Dasani bottled water in each room.
J&G – Our group enjoyed a great dinner in the private dining room downstairs. The food was outstanding and the service fantastic! The room provided a perfect ambiance for dinner.
Room was very quiet during the night time hours.
In room safe
Weekday newspaper wasn’t delivered to room each day like the website says. However, there was always a stack available near the elevators - not a problem.

CONS:
Our room was very tiny. I’m sure if we were willing to pay even more than we already were ($383/night – conference rate), we could have had a larger room.
Closet was extremely small, especially when there are 2 people in the room.
The bathroom door didn’t close completely. There was a large gap, which means no privacy when taking care of things. Sort of uncomfortable when sharing a room, even if it is with your spouse.
The lighting controls were very odd. We had a hard time getting the vanity lights to turn off completely due to the strange dimmer switch. It seemed to have a mind of its own. One night I had to remove the bulb in order to have darkness.
When we checked in, I asked for a quiet room, even if it had no view, based upon some of the TA reviews and suggestions I had read. The room was very quiet at night – we never heard any of the night club music that seems to be a problem on some floors. However, if you plan on catching an afternoon nap, forget it – unless you have earplugs. There are doors slamming all over the place. The housekeeping staff does not prop the room doors open while freshening rooms. Instead, they go in/out to get supplies, and between 2:00 – 5:00 PM, it’s very noisy.
Our shower had a very poor drain. After a couple of minutes in the shower, water was backing up and almost overflowing. Our shower also leaked around the outside edges onto the carpet in the living area. I let maintenance know, and they are supposed to be correcting the problems.
We signed up for the “SPG Green Choice Program” upon check-in which means you decline daily housekeeping. If you need new towels you just call. By Tuesday we needed new towels. When the staff member arrived, she only brought 4 bath towels – no hand towels or washcloths. I called again for the remaining items needed. She then returned with them, but wouldn’t take the dirty towels. Someone else had to come pick them up. We found this odd.
When we were ready to check-out, I tried to use the check-out system through the TV. It wouldn’t work. Why offer it if it doesn’t work? I ended up using the front desk.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank StraitGirl

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. At W, we take our guests feedback very seriously. I have addressed your concerns with the leadership of the hotel so that we can enhance our services where we fell short. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy some of the great benefits of staying at W Washington DC. When your travels bring you back to Washington, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly so that I can oversee your experience personally.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I've lived and stayed in W Hotels all over the world. This W is by far the worst when it comes to customer service. From not having the heavy doors opened for you while struggling with your bags to not recieving anything until you call three times. Leave all day and not coming back to a "styled" room then they'll come once your getting ready for dinner.

If you can bare the bad service they did an amazing job restoring The Washington Hotel and it truly is prime location to the National Mall. Amazing views from the rooftop bar and nightclub.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Meganbre
Olivier_ServatGM, General Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the customer service that you received. For the team not to be reactive to your needs is unacceptable and will be addressed immediately. When your travels bring you back to Washington, please reach out to me directly so that I can oversee your experience personally as I never want your experience to be repeated.