W Washington D.C.
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$484
US$309
US$463
US$389
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$320
US$285
  • Breakfast included
US$302
US$218
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$503
US$278
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$286
US$243
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$254
Hotels.com
2,416 results
All reviewsrooftop bartreasury buildingbliss spawhite housepov barbliss productsfrosted glassamazing locationrooms are smallliving roomnational mallsmithsonian museumsfew blocksmarlonlobbyspghip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2010

There is no doubt about it that the W Washington Hotel is first class. I attended the Beach Bums and Bellinis Pilates class on Sunday morning. What a creative concept by the staff of the "W". Following this amazing workout all participants were escorted by the staff to the incredible Point of View Rooftop Terrace for a most delicious Brunch. After relaxing on the Terrace and enjoying the beautiful Washington vistas I treated myself to a Bliss massage which was genuinely "blissful"! My day continued as I visited the W WineBar and visited with a dear friend over a glass of my favorite wine in a truly warm and inviting environment.
The W truly lives up to its motto, Whatever, Whenever! This hotel is a real Winner in my book.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank sunnygirl55
Reviewed 31 July 2010

The hotel is stunning and the service is impeccable. I was treated like a queen; no request was a problem. The room was fantastic; the bathroom is stunning; the bed was most comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Took 2 important clients to rooftop/POV on Saturday 7/17. Had reservations; rec'd email confirmation. Whisked to the top and escorted to the inside bar with amazing views of the Monument. Thank goodness we were not outside on the terrace-I would have soaked through my outfit in 5 minutes it was so hot; however, every seat was filled with laughing happy customers...many holding special "W" hand fans - nice touch on W's part. There were two parties going on inside: champagne flowing, more happy people, laughing and eating food - good sign already. Specialty cocktails: innovative, making me drool before I ordered. So what do three people order? 4 cocktails and a beer because we wanted to try so many of these drinks. WOW. Ingredients like ginger, herbs, strawberries, cucumbers - these are some talented bartenders!! And our server explained they had 5 different types of ice - and she explained each style and why ice was important - finally - a waitress who had some knowledge and passion for where she worked!! So many DC places have lukewarm no-knowledge or no-I-don't -care attitude. My clients were so impressed with the entire experience. I will return over & over again - I almost hijacked a refreshing order of watermelon and feta (?) cheese that came close to our table. Decor: tasteful, beautiful and very comfortable seating. I am looking forward to many more return visits.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2010

I've lived in Northern Virginia and worked in DC for over a year now, and when I needed a place to stay for 10 nights before a move, I picked the W, as it's close to work and I've enjoyed their lobby and terrace bars on several occasions. However, I made my decision to check out after only one night. In summary:

For starters, my room was tiny, a la NYC (Room 435). And as others have described, it came equipped with the sliding door for the toilet and the see-through glass from the shower to the room. Additionally, the room faced the interior courtyard, which is currently undergoing work and full of construction equipment. The soundproofing was also pretty bad, and I could not only hear hallway noise, but also coughing and phone conversations next door. On the plus side, the tv was nice, and I liked the ipod docking station. Did not like the $9 bottles of water and $x? dollar bottles of wine on every surface - I felt like they were just waiting for me to slip up and accidentally drink something.

As for housekeeping, a number of minor offenses added up such that I wasn’t really thrilled… (1) When I checked in, I was not given any shower gel, (2) Trash wasn’t emptied after my first night, (3) Was given shower gel after the first night, but maid didn’t replace empty lotion, (4) Robe wasn’t re-hung (left on bench in room), (5) Fleece blanket left fuzzies all over the bed, (6) Fleece blanket had noticeable spills on it from previous inhabitant, (7) Decorative pillows were left next to bed on floor rather than being replaced after it was made.

With the front desk, check in went very smoothly. However, when I called to tell them that I would be checking out early and gave them the new dates, the operator transferred me to reservations. Reservations, of course, has nothing to do with early check-outs and cannot alter a reservation after check in has occurred. I had to call the hotel a second time to have the date updated.

As for the bars, I made a reservation at POV for myself and a friend. When my friend arrived, she was not allowed to come up to my room, nor was she able to meet me at the bar. Instead, I had to go downstairs to check in and escort her up. Seems excessive and the staff’s attitude was none to pleasant.

The only other note that I’d make is that a doorman never held a door for me, even when I was struggling with suitcases. Additionally, as a guest entering through the side door, you must ignore the stares from the evil rooftop elevator monitors and hop the velvet rope to get to your room (else wait in line while the bar patrons are checked-in).

When it comes to the service, none of the items mentioned are really major, but they add up. And, when you’re paying a lot for a hotel and the room sucks, you at least expect the service to be impeccable. And, they seem to care more about being a club than a hotel.

If I were you, I’d stay at the JW Marriott two blocks away. Visit the W’s rooftop bar for a drink and be on your way…

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2010

We loved the hotel!! The location was great. We checked in and went to the bar and had by far the worst bloody marys EVER! The bar manager made the drinks...didn't finish them. Breakfast was a little blah and VERY costly. Recommend eating breakfast somewhere else and saving the money.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple