“I would rate a Good if I could”
Review of Bourbon Steak

Bourbon Steak
Ranked #106 of 3,704 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 January 2018

The service is off the scale good - it would be a 10 on a 5 point scale - but, of course it would be for these costs and it's in a Four Seasons. The service was even friendly and engaged, not always something you get with a hyper-priced meal in a elite type of restaurant. But it was well-trained (of course) but also warm and helpful.

I wish the same could be said of the food. It was good, of course but not outstanding and distinctive, for the price, or for prices had as much. Disappointing in general. the shrimp cocktail was lovely, but the shrimp were not outstanding and fresh tasting.the tuna tartare was again just ok. the beef tartare a little more pleasing. honey nut squash soup pretty good. steakhouse cobb and lobster good but again nothing to write home about. one of the biggest disappointments and something that would sound petty is the duck fat fries - limp and nothing special. they should have been crisp, stand up well and melt in one's mouth. They weren't. huge fail. same with the mac and cheese - meh. probably the favorite dish was the Braised Short Rib Pappardelle. pretty good if not original. the New York strip was good, but again,nothing to justify the price or make it distinctive from other standout restaurants about half the price. Finally, we were disappointed with the smores desert...nothing to make us remember it. I don't mind paying the prices for this for an unbelievable dinner. I would try again, but in a way, I feel like the kitchen kind of meets the mediocre, while the service is off the charts.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

For the past five years my wife and I have gone out to dinner and drinks at Bourbon Steak at the Four Seasons Hotel in Washington, DC to celebrate birthdays with two other couples (five of six of us all have birthdays within a few weeks of one another). And, every year, until now, it was Excellent!

However, this year it seemed to miss the mark, especially for Bourbon Steak and for the Four Seasons. From the time we sat down to the time we left 3 1/2 hours later, things were just off. Example one, we ordered a King Crab appetizer (among other things). The description sounded great! In reality it was a very small version of a mayonnaise like crab dip that happen to have small pieces of king crab in it. I don’t know if it was mayonnaise or not but it definitely reminded me of a $4 happy hour appetizer you might find at a chain restaurant.

A second example was the tuna steak. It was tiny! Smaller than most sashimi dishes at some restaurants. And, it was cold.

A third example was the Steak itself. My friend ordered it medium rare. It came to him medium well done at best. Shame.

Now, don’t get me wrong. I still gave it 3 stars in this review. But that is because the drinks and wine are so good. Otherwise, I would have rated it even lower. I am hoping it was just an off night. My wife and I go there often. This seemed unusual. Nonetheless, I was disappointed enough I wanted to let others know and let the Four Seasons know that I would expect more, as I am sure others would!

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Clearly this title requires explanation. . .
Having sampled much of this restaurants offerings, Bourbon Steak is quite exceptional in both food and service.
However
In my humble estimation, the burger offerings are the absolute best in the DMV!
Also
I'm feeling a bit of antipathy here.
Not because the complete lineup of burger offerings here are not absolutely spectacular!
They are definitely that!
Only because I fear a dreaded "sold out" message the next time I travel to DC for these culinary treasures.

To be clear; In order of my favorites.
The Berbere Spiced Lamb burger
The Oak Fired Prime Rib Burger
and
The Toasted Quinoa Vegetarian Burger
Any of these paired with the house made Duck fat fries is simply an orgasmic experience!
Just go!
You'll thank me later

Reviewed 11 January 2018

I've lived in DC for more than five years, which has been enough time to try the food at most of its steakhouses (many of them more than a couple of times). The list usually includes Bourbon, BLT, Charlie Palmer, Joe's, Prime Rib, Ray's the Steaks, and Rural Society (now closed). I can say with confidence that Bourbon is the best among them.

The food, everything from the duck fat fries to the expertly cooked beef, is phenomenal. It will set you back a pretty penny for sure, but it's a DC steakhouse. The setting is also very nice, and the bar is top notch.

The only downside is that it is in Georgetown, which probably isn't a big deal for most tourists, but most locals dread having to get in and out of the busy area that lacks public transportation.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We come every year for our anniversary dinner. The service, food, drinks, are all amazing. Love the 35 day New York strip with king crab lobster. I recommend the bourbon dessert bar (enough for 2). Will be back next year as always. You should consider sharing the appetizers if your eating as a group.