“High Tea - Excellent Service”

The Greenhouse at The Jefferson, Washington, DC
Reserve with OpenTable
The Greenhouse at The Jefferson, Washington, DC is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #452 of 3,298 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Description: Washington, DC's power breakfasts and express lunches are best served under The Jefferson's historic skylight at The Greenhouse restaurant. Enjoy the informal ambiance for a light snack or meal featuring fresh fare from our inspired menus.
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I enjoy high tea, and it's hard to find a good one in the DC area. The Jefferson has an excellent High Tea, with outstanding service and wonderful tea/treats. If you are staying at the hotel or from the area looking to do a tea service - this is your place.

1  Thank mamtravels

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Dining for breakfast at the Greenhouse reminds me of having brunch at Tavern on the Green or tea at The Plaza Hotel in New York. Both are icons in the big apple and I have now found a new favorite that should be in the icon category! The breakfast was incredible, the ambiance is a combination of french, traditional with a modern edge. The staff could not be kinder and more helpful. I highly recommend the Greenhouse for a special occasion or for no reason at all!

1  Thank Kaks827
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This place is just about perfect. A colleague suggested it for an early morning business breakfast. We arrived early and let the staff know that we'd need a place where we could eat and talk privately. They were VERY accomodating. The menu is great and everything was prepared to near perfection. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Had brunch there and in a small nook that had the feeling of a private room
Good service,quiet surroundings.
Food was OK but the crab cakes were small and dry.
Expensive

Reviewed 17 October 2013

On a girls weekend with my young daughter, and she wanted to have tea. The Greenhouse is beautiful, great atmosphere, and the wait staff was very nice and attentive. The prices, however, are outrageous. My daughter is 7, and she was $39 for afternoon tea, and she barely ate anything. She didnt like the sandwiches offered, and they did not offer to do anything else for her. I had tea, and a glass of champagne, and I was $55! It was over $100 for 2 people!! The sandwiches, scones, etc we all decent, but nothing memorable. I've had better at Ritz Carlton, or the Drake in Chicago. It was beautiful to sit there, but for the price I would not go back.

1  Thank STom21