“Excellent”
Review of Absolute Thai

Absolute Thai
Reserve with OpenTable
Absolute Thai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #496 of 3,337 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Absolute Thai does not look like much on the outside. Once you step in, it's a completely different story. The interior is simple, yet modern, very nicely decorated and extremely clean. There are both tables and booths. The menu doesn't have hundreds of dishes like other Thai restaurants. Their menu is somewhat small, yet with plenty to choose from. The menu even has a section for healthier, less caloric dishes. No matter what you order, the food is nothing less than spectacular. The presentation of the dishes is really nice, they taste delicious and the waiting staff is really nice. The wine selection is limited, but they do have nice wines and at very reasonable prices. Restrooms are very modern and super clean. Check out the sink! It's AWESOME! To me this is the best Thai restaurant in the DC metropolitan area.

1  Thank SchweizerDude

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We had never ate Thai food before. The waitress made excellent suggestions and we all LOVED our food. The place doesn't look like much on the outside but has a great decor once you are inside.

Reviewed 24 December 2011

Absolute Thai is hidden in China town accross from Verizon Center. It looks like a neighborhood tavern from the outside and inside the decor is simple. A charming hostess-waitress Niya let me choose a table by the window and took my order as I knew already what I wanted . I ordered the most popular dishes in the Thai cuisine: Tom Kha Gai soup made with coconut milk, cilantro, ginger and white chicken meat. And for the main course I tried their Pad Thai (stir-fried noodle with chive, tofu, eggs and crushed peanuts.) The problem I had to mix all these myself in a relatively small size plate. And as usual I finished my meal with stcky rice with mango for dessert.

1  Thank gabykouchacji
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We (my mom, godmother, and me) forgot to make a reservation somewhere, and after being refused in 5(!) other restaurants, we came across Absolue Thai, which was really close to our hotel. The outer appearance didn't really attract us to be honest, but there were obviously empty seats, and we were very hungry, so we decided to go there. BEST DECISION we made during our short trip. Unfortunately I forgot what I ordered, but it was very good, spicy and contained a lot of delicious cashew nuts. The waiter and waitress were both very nice, and we all agreed the restaurant looks actually really nice from the inside, so don't let the exterior fool you once you come across this great place. And the best thing: it's cheap!! I'll definitely come back next time!

Reviewed 10 October 2011

My family had dinner here on a recent trip to DC. The food was excellent and the service was very friendly. You may want to avoid the pre-game rush if there's a Capitol's game. We arrived after the start of the game and were fine. Chinatown is just around the corner which was nice for an after-dinner walk.