“This is no country club! This is a very old bar w/ one room putt putt.”

H Street Country Club
Reserve with OpenTable
H Street Country Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,852 of 3,228 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 13th Street NE
Enterprise, Alabama
“This is no country club! This is a very old bar w/ one room putt putt.”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

So, we were in DC visiting our adult children. We wanted a little fun and searched for putt putt golf, only found ONE place, H Street Country Club. Said it was a restaurant?? More, it is an older bar....but they have a Mexican menu. We had the chips and salsa, very good actually...chips, pico, fresh guacamole, pumpkin seed dip for $4.00, I tried the chicken taco and the steak taco, $3.50 each, they had a piece if arugula & the meat in a small flour tortilla with some sauce too, they were just okay, I preferred the steak taco.my husband had the brisket enchiladas, he said they were okay, they were $15 our daughter -n-law had the country club salad with chicken, she ate the whole thing and said it had a lot going on, lots of different flavored, $10 one son had the taco dinner which had 3 different type tacos, rice and a small bowl of black beans and some sauce $13, our other son hhad the Cochino pibil $15 afterwards we played a round of putt putt on the 2nd level, there's a bar there as well and stairs that lead to a third level bar which was a rooftop. The putt putt was actually challenging and a little fun, but it's jus a very short course, it's very old and very outdated....but all based around DC in some way or another...if you order an entree you pay golf for free.

• Visited May 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Happy Hour spot”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I've been here several times, with different experiences. I've had drinks on each of the 3 floors and their happy hour is a great deal. $5 margaritas, $3 beers (2 kinds). The snacks are not only great, but they show up quickly. I would definitely watch the bill though, as more than once I have had people's drinks or food who were sitting at the bar next to me, added to my tab. This has happened more so when I sit at the bar. Definitely would have remembered eating tacos.

Top floor has a great outdoor seating area and while some of the patrons can be a little rude, the staff was great.

Most recently went and sat at a table on the 2nd floor with friends. Our server was awesome. She was pleasant, attentive and fast. Definitely will be returning.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank CTravs
Barrington, Rhode Island
“A fun evening!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Came here for dinner and a round of golf (!) with friends and had a great time. The margaritas are good, especially if you like them not too sweet. The food was hit and miss. Chips were great! the guac needed something (we added salt). The Cochinita Pibil was outstanding. The fajitas were good. The mini golf is a blast! The crowd here is young-ish (20s and 30s) and fun. I’d go back!

• Visited March 2014
Westbrook, Maine
“Decent Mini-Golf”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We came here for the mini-golf rather than the food, so I can't speak about the Country Club as a restaurant. I was annoyed that the guy at the door gave us a hard time about the fact that one member of our party did not have her ID on her, even though it was very clear we were all over 21, and we had no intention of buying drinks anyway. We ended up having to go back to get her ID, which was a fifteen minute drive each way, and then come back. The mini-golf course itself wasn't bad. It was a tad run down in places, but some of the holes were a lot of fun. One of them, the Lincoln Memorial hole, was virtually impossible unless you hit a perfect or very lucky shot. The Mixing Bowl hole was probably the best one, with an interesting setup and a variety of interesting strategies available. The biggest problem was that it was difficult to play mini-golf while surrounded by often loud and obnoxious drunk people. Even though the mini-golf was decent, this is a place I will not be returning to.

• Visited March 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“So much fun!”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Although this listed as a restaurant, the H Street Country Club offers so much more. What I'll remember about this place is the epic game of Washington-themed mini-golf on the second floor. There's also shuffleboard and skee-ball, plus some great Bloody Marys! Bring your friends and you'll have a blast.

Visited July 2013