“Cozy Jazz Spot”

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Cozy Jazz Spot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

My friend and I went mainly for the jazz, but decided to have dinner when we saw they had Ethiopian and Caribbean food. The space is small, but it's nice if you like listening to live jazz in an intimate setting. Although the restaurant was full, the patrons were respectful while the band was playing so it was easy to enjoy the music. I was slightly disappointed by my meal. I chose the Ethiopian lamb dish and, while it had good flavor, the meat was a little tough. My friend had the stewed chicken dish and said it was spicy and delicious. Service was good. I would go back. Parking is a challenge around the U Street corridor so if you're trying to be seated by the beginning of a set, be sure to allow ample time to find parking. It's easily accessible by Metro.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Sharon K

Washington Dc
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Ethiopian Caribbean cuisine and live music on U street”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I ate here in February 2012 and was invited by a friend of mine. She selected the restaurant and I looked at the menu before arriving and thought it was OK. I don't like Ethiopian food, but because they had Caribbean items, I figured I'd be OK.

It's a small entrance above a pizza shop and after a small climb, we entered a cute and quaint little restaurant. We got there early enough to eat dinner and leave before the live band started. If you like live music, you might enjoy this place and there is a schedule on their website of upcoming acts. We wanted to talk and ended up leaving as soon as our meal was done because the band began warming up.

I had curry chicken and my friend had red snapper and I enjoyed my food (she did as well). We had a house white wine and it was OK for 6 bucks. I'd linger here again and am not a huge live music person, but would go to check it out. The service was fine (as there weren't too many customers who got there as early as we did). It's on the U street corridor, so parking can be thick, but it's just a few blocks from the U street metro. Enjoy.

Visited February 2012
Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Hey, I'm playin' here!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

Twins Jazz could be a great jazz club; unfortunately, it is not. We saw Bop Nation on August 6, 2010 and they played their butts off. The unfortunate part was the audience. There were 16 people in attendance throughout their incredible performance and only 5 were listening. The couple at the table next to us; read: in our lap, was shouting throughout the entire concert. They were accompanied by almost everybody else in the room. Why do people go to jazz clubs and try to shout their conversations louder than the performers? Note to owners: make an announcement that this is a music venue and that during the actual performance the audience is expected to shut the heck up.

1 Thank Mikebebop