“Lovely atmosphere ...Great food”

Ethiopic Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ethiopic Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #365 of 3,215 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Ethiopic Restaurant focuses on Ethiopian cuisine and culture. Traditional Ethiopian ingredients are introduced to evoke the true taste of Ethiopia. Ethiopic’s authentic Ethiopian food menu will feature vegetarian, meat, poultry, and fish. Ethiopic Restaurant is proud to be the first Ethiopian Restaurant on the H Street Corridor and intends to cater to a wide customer base. We want everyone to feel welcome and entertained.
Christiansted
“Lovely atmosphere ...Great food”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I highly recommend this Ethiopian restaurant ...best Injera I've had...it is a little pricier than other Ethiopian places but the beautiful room and the great service justify that. Everything we shared at our table of six was delicious and our server made sure we had a well rounded selection. We had no complaints at all and will definitely return on our next visit to DC.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank BellaBalini

Durham, North Carolina
“Staff will help you decide what to order”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have had Ethiopian food once years ago and my husband had never had it, so we needed some help. Our server asked several questions and made some suggestions, which we took. So glad we did. The food was delicious! He had the awaze tibs and I had the veggie sampler. It all smelled, looked, and tasted fantastic. We made reservations via the Open Table website earlier that day and were seated right away. The restaurant was busy the entire time we were there, but the staff and kitchens were on top of everything. We never felt rushed. We stuffed ourselves. We had planned to share a dessert, but had no room, so we went with the Ethiopian hot tea - perfect ending.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank hilboville
charleston
“Wow! Fantastic - We were Delighted!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Do you love a food adventure. This gem of an Ethiopian restaurant is located in a redeveloping area, but very safe. Restaurant was lovely, servers patient and helpful. Reservations are a must! Beautifully prepared dishes. Order several and share. Be prepared to eat with your hands. This is an experience you won't forget.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Marty J
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I Loved this place, would definitely go back. Good authentic Ethiopian taste! I have found Ethiopian food just as good or better for less in the DC area. The atmosphere is nice as well

Visited February 2014
New York City, New York
“my first ethiopian experience”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I went for dinner with a few friends on a Saturday. The place was busy and the earliest reservation was at 8:30pm. This was my first Ethiopian food experience and I was really excited. It was interesting to eat in a different way. It's family style where everyone eats from a large plate in the middle of the table.

Besides the value of the experience, I didn't actually like the food all that much. I had a chicken curry which came with 2 chicken legs and 2 eggs in the sauce. The dishes are served with traditional Ethiopian bread which is light and served cold. I didn't enjoy the bread and although the chicken was good, it was nothing exceptional.

Since this was my first Ethiopian meal, I really have nothing to compare it to. The service here was great. Our waitress was attentive and helpful.

• Visited November 2013