“Mercifully no long in business”
Review of Vento Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I'm told this place is closed, and thank goodness. I was the ONLY customer (it was a Wednesday night, but still) and there were 4 waiters - somehow they managed only mediocre service. My salmon was bland and unevenly warm (piping hot on one side, lukewarm on the other). Now, in their defense, I did not specify that I did not want my salmon microwaved. My pasta was so-so but I think they prepared it with a pound of salt and a teaspoon of tomato rather than the opposite.

2  Thank Francisco M

Reviewed 10 June 2012

The vibe is good here.; We sat at the bar which was lively. The service was good. They provided a nice wine list. The three of us had a delicious meal. The caprese salad was fresh and tasty. The fish was perfectly prepared. One friend had the bolognese and another the veal. We would go again

3  Thank susant771
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Would definitely go back! The food and wine selection were very nice. The service was decent and our food came out quickly.

2  Thank M O
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The tasting menu is not to be overlooked. Five courses, almost full portions, that will satisfy for value, quality, and sharing! Bar area is quite attractive and the layout lends itself to easy conversations and street views. Pasta is hand made and fish is done very, very well. No hesitations.

1  Thank Jean A
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Had dinner with a large group on a weekday night. We all agreed the meal was super. I had the ravioli with lamb ragu and ate every bite. The fish was fantastic. They took a mozzarella/tomato/basil salad to new heights, the most delivious I have ever eaten. Service was super. Serving sizes are just what Americans should be eating, but don't expect huge portions. The best part was the price. With three glasses of wine, the salad, ravioli, and coffee I walked out of a DC restaurant paying only $55.

1  Thank fkcaz