Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol
US$309
US$463
US$389
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$320
US$285
  • Breakfast included
US$302
US$218
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$503
US$278
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$286
US$243
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$254
Agoda.com
1,386 results
All reviewsharris teeterunion stationgrocery store next doorsame blockmetro stopthe red line metrofridge and microwavefront desk staffbusiness centervalet parking isbathroom doorindoor poolhotel restaurantconvenient locationvery nice hotelcapitol hillfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2013

This is a lovely hotel in a newly reclaimed area of Washington just north of the Capitol Building. The rooms are spacious and are decked out--like virtually all Hilton Garden Inns--with a refrigerator and microwave. There is a swimming pool and a full-service restaurant that serves surprisingly good food (much better than typical tourist fare). Not surprisingly, it's also very popular, especially with families.

And that's where the problems come in. The hotel has thirteen floors and something like 200+ rooms, so they have to anticipate that there's going to be a big crush at breakfast. But they're simply unprepared. Both mornings, there wasn't enough silverware, weren't enough glasses, weren't enough staff to bring coffee. One time it took so long to get an omelette that the rest of us had already finished breakfast by the time it finally arrived. There's just no excuse for being unprepared like this when you know very well how many guests will be descending on the breakfast room in the morning.

The staff at the front desk isn't always on the ball either. When I checked out, I pointed out to them that they had forgotten to charge me for my parking. File this one under "no good deed goes unpunished": at first, the lady at the desk assured me that they had charged me, then realized that they had not. And then we had to stand around while she tried to figure out how to add the charge, because apparently it didn't work the first two or three times. They should have been embarrassed.

I'm giving it four circles because of the comfort of the room and the convenient location, but the management here seems to be asleep at the wheel. This should have been a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

The staff bent over backwards to make sure we were happy and had a great getaway. And I mean EVERYONE was helpful: the front desk, the valet, the restaurant greeter/servers/bartender, the housekeeper helping people on the elevator... I was astounded by how present and ready to help the entire staff was. Color me impressed! The bend was a little on the hard side, even when you put the control all the way to "soft"... but the linens were clean and the housekeeper noticed we went through all our coffee each morning, and had gone downstairs to get complimentary cups from the 3rd floor, and she left us crazy-extra coffee packets and it made us smile (laugh, but definitely made us happy!)

Room Tip: Elevators can get a little crazy on Sundays during check out times. I suggest a lower floor for less waiting.
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Ok , i must say the hotel is clean and well located , rooms are big and cozy but the downside and make everything else worthless is the club across the street . It rock the whole hotel at night , i bet we are talking about 200 dcbl and it goes all night long they do not let you sleep . My cousin and i we stay at 5 floor and 12 floor no mercy . You could actually hear the blass throught the walls , if you are coming here on weeksdays it may be fine but if you are going to stay over the weekends dont . Hilton should paid us for staying here , we could not sleep until the music stop at 3 am . Metro is very closed about 3 minute walkings , super market 2 minutes walking . If it were not for the club i would give the hotel a 5 for sure . But hey if you can not sleep is it worth?

Room Tip: Hilton please sue the club across the street or buy it out . I am going to recommend my friends who always stay with your chain to not stay anymore as this is an insult , you should not have open a hotel in front of such a place. I feel rip i was rip off.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Danny A
Reviewed 22 March 2013

My family and I stayed here for a long weekend of sightseeing and for me to run in the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon. The hotel felt new and was very clean. We had no issues with the room except that we forgot to use the "sleep number" mattresses and ended up sleeping on what we felt were hard mattresses (that was our fault!). The staff was all extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel was full of runners and the front desk took the time to answer our questions and give us advice every time we needed it. The bell men were also extremely friendly and often joked around with our kids. We also liked the neighborhood. If you want action, this is not the place for you, but if you want a clean, up and coming area, this is it. It's a quick cab or metro ride downtown and not far from Union Station.

The one down side was that there is a club located across the street from the hotel. We stayed on the 8th floor on the left side of the building and I could still hear the music until 3am. As a result, I did not sleep well the first night and used a white noise on my app the following night to block out the club sounds.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high up as possible and towards the back of the hotel. And don't forget about the sleep-number mattresses.
Reviewed 21 March 2013

My room was dirty. There was chewed gum on the desk chair- they did replace it. There was hair on the bed and in the bathroom and lipstick on the shower curtain.

The printer was down in the business center.

I got cold coffee each morning at breakfast, and at lunch was served rotten cornbread.

There was a night club across the street that made a lot of noise. I notice they told other people checking in they could have a different room, I was not offered the same.

Worse than the night club was the party in the room next door. there were more than 10-15 people in the room coming and going talking loudly in the hall until 3 am. I was awken more than once to banging on the wall.

If it were not for the NAMB conference I would have moved after the 1st night.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a room not facing the night club
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business