“Great Value!”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol
Ranked #80 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I came at a time when hotel rates in DC were outrageous. The Hilton Garden Inn was by far the best value and I was left completely satisfied. It is right across the street from Starbucks, next to a grocery store, and around the corner from the metro... I could not have asked for better! The staff was friendly and helpful. The stay was nothing but a pleasure and I will definitely be back! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Rebecca A
668DavidD668, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Rebecca A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your short but sweet review. I am so glad that you found us to be a good value with a friendly and helpful staff… please tell all your friends!

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

David Del Russo
david.del. russo@hilton.com

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband and I decided to go to DC for the weekend. Stayed here as I saw I could book for $65 with a bunch of Hilton points. This property was not hard to find, but we could not get to it due to road construction - so do NOT pay attention to your GPS and secondly, call the hotel and see if there is still construction before you drive to it. Upon arriving we turned over our car to the valet. I stay in D.C. for work and concur with another reviewer that 30.00 is around the norm for parking. We were able to check in early, but Chris at the front desk warned us we would be by an elevator. We were fine with that and being near the elevator did NOT disturb our sleep. We went next door to Chicken Roti for lunch and it was inexpensive, filling and healthy - grilled chicken, hummus, cucumbers. More on that on yelp:). Metro is right around the corner. After our sightseeing, we arrived back exhausted. Beds were a little hard, but since I did not read the info on how to adjust them, that is my fault, not the hotel's. I did not use the fitness center but it appeared to have medicine balls, hardwood floor, weights, and treadmills - several treadmills. The Sunday buffet was 13.95 per person; I did not partake of that either as D.C. was waiting. We had breakfast at the coffee place next to Chicken Roti; it is more of locally owned coffee shop and my latte was quite good. There is complimentary morning coffee off the second floor elevator to the right. For Easter the staff had baskets of candy out for guests. We knew we were leaving around 4 pm, and we asked how much more for our car to stay there past 24 hours. The hotel did NOT charge us extra; it was 30.00 total for the night for the car, and we did not pick it up until close to 5 pm and they also held our bags for us. All the staff was extremely pleasant and friendly. There is a very tall and happy housekeeper who was making all the guests smile. I would definitely stay here again, and may switch to this property for my new favorite.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank merry10
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed there over the Easter weekend. The hotel is newer and very convenient to the NoMA Metro stop on the Red line. 2 blocks. Harris Teeter next door and Starbucks. The staff was very helpful when we had questions. Nice breakfast and bar area.

The only issue is the parking. It's $30 per day (valet only) and not much in the street. On Sundays the street is Free though

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank ASP_NC
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Simply put, the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn has raised customer service to an art form. Their standard service is already well above average. Each employee I encountered was extremely friendly. A couple people went out of their way to help me with a simple question that I was expecting a negative answer to, and would have been totally fine if they'd said - I'm sorry mam. I had arrived at the hotel incredibly stressed out from a complete debacle at the airport with US Airways. US Airways had caused me to miss my marathon and some important family time. Their service was very poor. The service at Hilton Garden Inn helped me to relax and recover. I greatly appreciate that - thank you. They hotel itself is very nice. The rooms are comfortable and there is a pool and spa on the third floor. It is attached to a grocery store and has a restaurant on the second floor. It is about 9 blocks from the capitol building, and only a block from the metro station. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kym C
Rodrigo A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Kym C,

Thank you for your choosing our Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / US Capitol and thank you for your wonderful review. We are sorry to hear about you missing the Marathon. From a fellow runner to another, I know how much work goes into the preparation to run a Marathon and it is really disheartening to hear that you missed it. That said we are happy to hear that we were able to make your stay pleasantly memorable and we look forward to having you as our guest when you come back and finish that Marathon! See you soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I was in town for a business trip to Capital Hill. Hilton Garden Inn is an excellent facility for your visit to the Capital. A short cab ride to the Hill and great tourist sites. Also close to the Metro. Clean neighborhood and local shopping. I recommend this facility for value, cleanliness and great staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Neal M
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed as a family of five last August. We booked this hotel above others because their rates stood out as a great value and the location couldn't have been better. It's not always easy to find a hotel that will allow 5 in a room; this one did. The room was basic but certainly nice enough and there was a Starbucks on the lower level that we visited every morning. We had never been to D.C. before and this was a great place to start from each morning. A couple blocks from the metro station and a couple blocks from the White House. About a 15 minute walk to the nearest Smithsonian Museum. I'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Shannon C
Reviewed 13 April 2014

good value for the money for a quick one night stay to attend an event at Echostage. comfortable stay. convenient locations. amenities (grocery store, starbucks, pharmacy..etc.) nearby within a block or two. also, easy parking.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo